We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

can't upload large photo [Being checked] | Forum

ben
ben Jun 5 '13
i had hard time uploading >300kb photo, anyone can upload 1Mb photo or more? im not sure this is server issue or oxwall issue.

and spam alert on oxwall block me? what oxwall use for stop spam?
The Forum post is edited by Alia Jul 8 '13
bobbi
bobbi Jun 5 '13
what is your photo size limit, we cannot upload anything above 500kb as that is what our photo size limit is

i have been spammed off oxwall as well but only if i use my phone, stopforumspam tend to block all mobile devices
The Forum post is edited by bobbi Jun 5 '13
dave Leader
dave Jun 5 '13

what kind of image is it,  .jpg, .png, .gif  ??  

check your php ini and your htaccess for any settings that have to do with upload size, post size.

Also IMO 300k is still too big for an image,  people need to know that you can get the same quality with a 20k image that you can with a 300k image, and think about all the diskspace your saving. :)

bobbi
bobbi Jun 5 '13
if we set our image size at 20kb no one would upload any pictures, even at 500kb  we still have to reduce them to get on site,
ben
ben Jun 5 '13
Bobby, can you upload 350kb photo on your site?

Dave, all kind image, i already incresing all php.ini setting to accomodating large photo upload but not help
bobbi
bobbi Jun 5 '13
yup ben, just tried one that is 451kb, it went straight on, can you send me the image i will try and put it on the site

i tried the newsfeed, were you adding to album, blog etc
ben
ben Jun 5 '13
how to send you 1mb picture?

I use easyapache to install php.

cant upload large file to newsfeed, photo album, blog, forum
bobbi
bobbi Jun 5 '13
can you pm it to me or upload it to this post and i can download, ours is 500kb so as long is it under that i can get it straight on,
ben
ben Jun 5 '13
I cant upload 1mb image to oxwall ,

this is not my network problem guys because i get complain from my user
bobbi
bobbi Jun 5 '13
can you attach the file, to this post what is the file name of the image
dave Leader
dave Jun 5 '13

Quote from bobbi
if we set our image size at 20kb no one would upload any pictures, even at 500kb  we still have to reduce them to get on site,

True, i have mine set at 1mb but i was just saying that people should realize that postcard size or just a bit bigger is more than enough..
ben
ben Jun 5 '13

Quote from bobbi can you attach the file, to this post what is the file name of the image

i cant upload large photo, could you try to upload 400kb picture  on this post?
ben
ben Jun 5 '13

248kb
bobbi
bobbi Jun 5 '13

this is the 451kb image i tested on dpf, it went on no problem, this is a gif image

your image on dpf

ben
ben Jun 5 '13
thanks, it's looks like my server probleem
bobbi
bobbi Jun 5 '13
have you checked in content input in your admin area, in rich media settings,  is it set the same as the photo plug in, we were caught out  with this once before
ben
ben Jun 5 '13
php.ini setting:
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 600
memory_limit = 32M
post_max_size = 8M
file_uploads = On
upload_max_filesize = 500M

do i missing something?
bobbi
bobbi Jun 5 '13
dont know where that is in plesk so i cant compare
ben
ben Jun 5 '13
dave, I only fulfill user requests
ben
ben Jun 5 '13

Quote from bobbi have you checked in content input in your admin area, in rich media settings,  is it set the same as the photo plug in, we were caught out  with this once before

yup, set 5M size
Pages: 1 2 3 »