We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

can't upload large photo [Being checked] | Forum

ben
ben Jun 10 '13
okay, i just upload same 1 mb picture to fcebok and oxwall, facebok goes straight and i still cant upload to oxwall and my website
bobbi
bobbi Jun 10 '13
can you send me the link to your site then i will join it and try and upload an image and see if i can do it
dave Leader
dave Jun 10 '13
ben why do you trash oxwall like you do in your profile?   I am sorry you feel that way.
ben
ben Jun 10 '13

Quote from dave ben why do you trash oxwall like you do in your profile?   I am sorry you feel that way.

which one? about the location? oxwall is social script and should have location field. dont you agree? and give your vote on oxwall user voice guys
The Forum post is edited by ben Jun 10 '13
ben
ben Jun 10 '13

Quote from bobbi can you send me the link to your site then i will join it and try and upload an image and see if i can do it

Bobbi can you upload 1mb picture to this post? oxwall limit is 2 mb
dave Leader
dave Jun 10 '13

Yes that one, and yes i agree maybe in 1.6 it will be standard to have country, city, state drop downs but they should be voluntary or admin controlled if required or not if they do.  Oxwall is a young software and that is no reason in my opinion to call it weak, it is far from it.  Also i have not had one single plugin that i would consider garbage and speaking from experience there are scripts out there and plugins for those other scripts that do fit that description but Oxwall and its plugins are not one of them.

I dont know how long you have used this software but IMO its very secure and a solid foundation.  When any software is installed in so many countries, in so many languages, and in so many server variations there will be some issues, it is the nature of the business so i hope you will allow Oxwall some time to gain your trust and your backing..  :)

here is your 1mb image  actually 1.4mb

ben
ben Jun 10 '13
give your vote to oxwall user voice dave, im using oxwall since beginning that's why i love oxwall and i want to make oxwall perfect software by adding any problem that i had not just keep saying oxwall good and dont know where is the problem.

i say that dont buy too many plugins, maybe you're new on oxwall and dont know how people complaining after buying plugins and getting trouble after installing that plugins on their website and then post bad review about oxwall.
ben
ben Jun 10 '13
it's strange, i can upload to fb but i cant upload to oxwall and my site. but you can upload big photo in here?
dave Leader
dave Jun 10 '13

Ok fair enough, im just saying i think weak is a strong word to use and not true is all.   If you think oxwall is bad about plugins you should try elgg they are horrible, talk about leaving you out to dry and without support, they did that to me all the time i got sick of it.  I do get your point..  :)

yes that is strange

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 10 '13
ben
ben Jun 10 '13
im not say oxwall is weak, i say oxwall is great software but had some weaknesses,

read again and give your vote to make oxwall better,
ben
ben Jun 10 '13
Thank a lot for your input Dave
dave Leader
dave Jun 10 '13
:)  i hope  you can get this upload issue resolved it is very very strange that you can do larger image but no smaller one.   I never seen that before.
ben
ben Jun 10 '13
i hope so,

reinstalled my server twice because of this:D
dave Leader
dave Jun 10 '13
I was even going to say it might be your isp but that dont make sense cause you uploaded it to fb...
ben
ben Jun 10 '13
update, Bobbi uploading big picture to my site and all succeed,,,,

yes i can upload big photo on fb 1-2MB, i get complain from my user before i know about this issue and i try to upload and get the same problem.

Maybe you're right ISP problem, mine is 3,1mbps

bobbi
bobbi Jun 10 '13
i did get a error when i used chrome, which i sent a screen shot to ben, but i cannot reproduce that error in firefox, i know chrome has caused my members problems recently with photo uploads,

i dont have the quickest internet connection between 5 and 8 at the most
Alia Team
Alia Jun 10 '13
Ben, can you give your site URL? ( have read the whole topic, but can't find the URL). Thanks.
ben
ben Jun 13 '13
this happens to all oxwall user mam, i cant upload large photo to oxwall.org and my site

using chrome,firefox and opera same result, perhaps dave right ISP problem or slow connection but i can upload big size to fb and myownserver. any solution for this?

sorry for late reply,

note: no upload problem below 100/200kb small size, that's what happen to me, i dont know with everyone else except dave and bobbi looks like they doesnt have this upload problem
Alia Team
Alia Jun 17 '13

800-900kb. Firefox
Alia Team
Alia Jun 17 '13

1mb via Google Chrome

Pages: « 1 2 3 »