We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Not sure it is bug or what ??? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Saif
Saif Jun 6 '13
Hi ,

I am facing a problem with web page display, sometimes it never show my logo and custom fonts. please see the difference in images below.

dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13
Are you refreshing your cache properly?
Saif
Saif Jun 6 '13
Yes , my dev mode is on.
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13
copy and past that section here so i can see it please,

i need the if and else part both.

i want to see how you turned it on so we take care of that first... thanks :)
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13
Also make sure your image has the correct permissions, when this happens are you able to bring your image up in the url manually.   Also check your error log for anything and also turn on your debug mode when this happens and check that.
The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 6 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jun 6 '13
Dave, I happened to have access details to Saif's site and dev mode is enabled correctly. Must be something else.
ross Team
ross Jun 6 '13

Saif, 

Is it happening in the specific internet browser or any one?

When exactly does this happen? just when you enter your website or some time later?

Could you please provide detailed info on the matter so we could reproduce it?

dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13
Thanks Aliia,   well if this is intermittent, and its not the cache, and the data is correct in the admin theme settings, and the permissions are correct, and no errors either logged or with debug mode then my guess would be it  a theme bug, or a server issue.  That right now is all that comes to mind.  

What throws me now is that it is intermittent and so that tells me that there as to be a certain situation that causes this to happen.  Is it a certain page all the time, is there any common denominator that he has noticed when this happens.  

You have access, please let me know what you see Aliia :)
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13
me and ross think alike :) 
Saif
Saif Jun 6 '13
It is happening with all browsers , earlier I was using Aerial theme , I thought there would be something so changed it to Rainy theme , still facing the same problem , it is not limited to index page only I see it on all pages.
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13
so that might suggest that the data is actually changing in the db for some reason.   Saif when this happens what does your theme settings in admin say, do you see your logo and all your settings correct there or are they gone.

When this happens what do you do to correct it, do you put your data back in admin or do you just wait and it corrects itself.
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13
also i do know someone else who is having this same issue...
Saif
Saif Jun 6 '13
@Dave ( I wish there could be mention feature ) , 

My theme settings remian unchanged , I need to to reload the page & it comes back to normal after a reload or two.

dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13
Saif, wish i could be more help, you and one other person i know are having the same issue and i appears using different themes, so i dont know.  Maybe since Aliia has access she can find something,  i hope so.. :)
Saif
Saif Jun 6 '13
Thanks for the support Dave , may be 1.6 will resolve issues :)
dave Leader
dave Jun 9 '13

Yes i am having the same issue Saif and i am on the macabre theme, i noticed it tonight working on the site it did it 4 x to me while changing from one page to another, and i had to refresh cache to get it back.  Somehow the theme cache is being reset to default or loading the default and not realizing that a theme has been selected.  

Yes maybe 1.6 will have this fixed.

Saif
Saif Jun 10 '13
Instead of making css chanes in admin panel I edited the base.css of my theme and now I am no more getting this error.
dave Leader
dave Jun 10 '13

well that was smart thinking, i didnt even consider that :(  that is thinking out of the box... good job..

Just remember to write those down in case you need them after upgrade..

Saif
Saif Jun 10 '13
thanks Dave :)
bilalsonija
bilalsonija Jan 20
This time around Stu is getting married to a young Asian beauty named Lauren (Jamie Chung), who’s father completely disapproves of him. khuyến mãi 789club