We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Hide Admin | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13

Has anyone considered a Hide Admin option.   When i do my work on the sites i would rather not be seen by members as it keeps me from my mission at hand to add content.   Many times i end up not finishing due to taking care of their needs.   There are times that these needs are not critical and can wait and it would be nice to be able to hide myself online so that i can get my work done.

bobbi
bobbi Jun 6 '13
privacy plug in is a option, you set set it so only you can see yourself and no one else can
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13
The probem is that it even says on the plugin that it could take some time to take effect.   I was hoping for something more immediate off on.. :)
bobbi
bobbi Jun 6 '13
i tested this with another member when we were still on wall.fm and it did take affect straight away,  but that was then lol, do you have a test account you test it with to see how quick it takes affect,  test account on one browser you on the other

The Forum post is edited by bobbi Jun 6 '13
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13

Yeah i have a dr apt today but when i get back ill do some testing and i will update this post. :)

dave Leader
dave Jun 8 '13

OK i got the scoop on this.  It appears that if you are admin you can see everyone regardless of how the set their preferences..  I tested this on two dif browsers, admin vrs test account. 

It did not matter if i changed the test account preferrence  setting, admin can still see them, now this could be a temp deal as it might take time to work as the page says or it might just be the way it is.

But when i was in the test account looking at admin presence, yes you are right bobby, the admin is instant off and on without wait. 

Thanks bobbi :)

fbkca
fbkca Sep 27 '13
Is there anyway to hide admins from showing up in the "recently viewed me" widget/page?? I have the privacy plugin enabled and "view presence" and "view profile" to only me... but admins still show up in those pages...
Jordi
Jordi Feb 10 '15
kick