We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

API doc or Code Documentation | Forum

Emmanuel Incandela
Emmanuel Incandela Jun 11 '13
Hello everyone,

i'm new to oxwall but i'm a php developper. (by the way, great script !!! :)) )

I followed the tutorials but to go further in plugin deve and stick to oxwall "code spirit", i'd like to find some API or core functions/classes documentation.

Is there something available somewhere or do i have to digg in code myself ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Emmanuel
Daisy Team
Daisy Jun 12 '13
You can find all documentation we have for now here: http://docs.oxwall.org/dev:index

If this documentation does not answer your questions, you can ask me and I will do my best to provide you with all necessary information.
Emmanuel Incandela
Emmanuel Incandela Jun 15 '13
Thank you a lot both of you :) I will analyse deeper the plugins coding + i will reverse generate the "api doc".

One thing though: I' ve installed a local fresh copy of CI and a Fresh copy of Oxwall (separate vhosts).

For the starting page, CI takes  about 0.200s And Oxwall.. 5s ! Is that normal ?? i'm a "little suprised/scared" :s

- Emmanuel
The Forum post is edited by Emmanuel Incandela Jun 15 '13
Daisy Team
Daisy Jun 19 '13
Emmanuel, CI it's a framework. Oxwall is a complete ready-to-use software with a bunch of features, themes (images) and content. So it's normal that CI loads faster then Oxwall, but 5s on the local machine it's not quite normal. Try to turn the DEV_MODE off and provide us with the steps you are performing and pages you are opening.
mohammad
mohammad Mar 7 '15

Quote from Daisy Emmanuel, CI it's a framework. Oxwall is a complete ready-to-use software with a bunch of features, themes (images) and content. So it's normal that CI loads faster then Oxwall, but 5s on the local machine it's not quite normal. Try to turn the DEV_MODE off and provide us with the steps you are performing and pages you are opening.
so , does oxwall use CI framework ?? 
Mohammad
Mohammad Mar 7 '15
No, Oxwall developed from base by their own developers team, Oxwall has it own MVC style and rules,plus How you would think Oxwall uses CI framework ? didn't you see directories structure ? ! 
mohammad
mohammad Mar 10 '15

Quote from Mohammad No, Oxwall developed from base by their own developers team, Oxwall has it own MVC style and rules,plus How you would think Oxwall uses CI framework ? didn't you see directories structure ? ! 
so ! i fI want to learn oxwall structure I shuld be learn what ? How i can customize oxwall and dominate to develop it ? 
Mohammad
Mohammad Mar 11 '15

Quote from mohammad so ! i fI want to learn oxwall structure I shuld be learn what ? How i can customize oxwall and dominate to develop it ? 
You  need to know PHP,OOP and understand it and be familiar with design patterns, in this case MVC(or HMVC)

Oxwall has a public repository on bitbucket(I don't know why they choose  bitbucket while there is tools like gitlab,but anyway), nothing is clear, plus I think main repository is the private one

In my opinion Oxwall is a close door and at best condition will only accept bug fixes, you are better off making a free plugin 

The Forum post is edited by Mohammad Mar 11 '15
John Piterson
John Piterson Jan 11 '23
Hello! I want to improve my business a little and I need help to figure out which frameworks to choose. can someone advise where to get information about this, so that it is written in simple language, for dummies). Thanks for the help!
The Forum post is edited by John Piterson Jan 11 '23
Marcus Rull
Marcus Rull Jan 11 '23
Hi, friend! About six months ago, my business partner and I were also interested in this issue, choosing between Laravel and Symfony, these frameworks were recommended to us by a friend. And the information was taken on this site https://solidbrain.net/blog/symfony-vs-laravel-which-php-framework-is-the-right-fit-for-you, everything is written in a simple and understandable language, with the help of this site we easily figured everything out and picked up the framework that suits us. I think you can easily understand. Good luck!
David Johhn
David Johhn Sep 20 '23
Welcome to Oxwall! As a fellow PHP developer, I'm excited to see you diving into plugin development and embracing the "code spirit" of Oxwall. To further enhance your skills and stick to Oxwall's development guidelines, you might be wondering if there's an API or core functions/classes documentation available. Fortunately, there are resources that can help you out. You can start by checking out the official Oxwall documentation, which offers comprehensive information and examples on plugin development and utilizing core functionality. It's a valuable resource to understand the code structure and best practices. Additionally, exploring the Oxwall community forums or developer forums can provide you with additional insights and support from experienced developers. Keep up the great work, and don't forget to take breaks and refresh your mind. Playing games like https://asphaltnitro.download/, your favorite, can be a fantastic way to relax and improve problem-solving abilities. Happy coding and racing!