We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

where do I configure paypal? - Paid Membership | Forum

James Hart
James Hart Jun 11 '13
I'm confused.  I saw the screen shots... where there was a checkout for paypal.  Do I have to buy 'another' plugin to make this work?  Where do I configure paypal?
dave Leader
dave Jun 18 '13
I think your answer is in the read me link on the plugin page, i do believe you have to also purchase the paypal plugin as well, they are two seperate purchases. 
James Hart
James Hart Jun 18 '13
yes, I am learning the "plugin purgatory' system in use here.  One plugin doesn't work without another plugin... the 'specifics' of these plugins is irritating since they don't seem to mention you need this, this and this, before you see what we have a "screen shot of" ... it's like false advertising.  blah...  
dave Leader
dave Jun 18 '13

They did have this in their ReadMe 

"Note that an installed payment provider (like PayPal or CCBill) is required to receive money for Paid Memberships"

But i totally agree they should have been much clearer and specific and also should have stated this on the front page of the plugin in plain specific english as they did do on another one of their plugins.   I dont think it was intentionally but probably just someone in a hurry.  And yes it does need to corrected.   

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jun 19 '13
Thanks for pointing this out.  Plugin's  description is now corrected.
dave Leader
dave Jun 19 '13
I sent you an email on it too i think last night or today, my days are a flash sometimes.   So you can disregard that email... thanks so much
You do not have permission to reply this topic