We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Some suggestions | Forum

Mike
Mike Jun 13 '13
Hi I have been playing about with Oxwall for a few days now, I have installed quite a few plugins and bought a few to try out, I like the core system I just don't understand the plugin layout - Could a new menu icon / button be created for the plugins when they are installed to give easier access to make changes? I have added a separate button for the cache cleaning plugin so I don't have to trawl through the plugins menu to access it every time I want to use it.

I don't think any of the plugins come with instructions, and other than a few screenshots and brief description there is not a lot of information for these plugins.

The template system seems very confusing as there are core files as well as template files that need to be edited in order to make a change, there are lots of in-line styles used which makes editing harder.

Overall I am happy with the system, It will be interesting to see how this application develops and what will be included in core releases plugins wise, I don't mind paying $10 - $20 for a plugin it would be nice if there was a user  guide to help along the way.

Another bit of feedback would it be possible to make the edit page a widget so it could be placed in the sidebar out of the way.

thanks

Mike

The Forum post is edited by Mike Jun 15 '13
Den Team
Den Jun 18 '13
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.