We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is Instant Chat still hunger of CPU? - Instant Chat | Forum

Alexandru
Alexandru Jun 16 '13
Recently instaled Oxwall 1.5.3. Now I need a chat for my users. Instant Chat looks nice and have those features that I need for my site, but for the last time when I used this chat my hosting acount was suspended because of ''High CPU usage'' caused by Instant Chat plugin.So, did the author changed anything inside the plugin to reduce CPU usage? Thanks in advance!
ross Team
ross Jun 17 '13
Unfortunately, it is still the same. We advice you to transfer your website to VPS or dedicated server, to be capable of handling the load of the chat usage. 
Alexandru
Alexandru Jun 24 '13
What are VPS's switable features for a comunity with Instant chat enabled?
Alia Team
Alia Jul 19 '13
Alexandru, all depends on amount of users on your site. How many users did you have when you were suspended last time?
Alexandru
Alexandru Jul 19 '13
That is the problem that I had no users on my site but my host provider wrote me a letter where he said that I make an overdue to their shared hosting and my acount will be canceled. Now, I'd like to know if other oxwallers experienced the same issue, because after I reinstaled Oxwall and didn't switched Instant Chat I didn't experienced any problems with CPU overloading. What's your opinion in this case?
Alexandru
Alexandru Jul 19 '13
How much active users will suport a shared hosting with Instant Chat switched on? I'd like to know your personal opinion which obviously should result from a fructuous cooperation with diferent Oxwall users on diferent levels. Thanks in advance for your priceless knowledge and experience you share with us!
The Forum post is edited by Alexandru Jul 19 '13
Alia Team
Alia Sep 25 '13
Approximately 10-15 users being online at the same time ( this is for shared hosting). 

That is strange that you were suspended even when 0 users were online. I guess all depends on the policies of your hosting company.

Aprillos
Aprillos Oct 2 '13

to ask was repealed

why not our shows??

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 17 '13
Aprillos, what do you mean?
Joseph
Joseph Mar 28 '14
VPS couldn't handle it and dedicated costs too much sad Oxwall knows how to fix this they did it with wall.fm sites it's as simple as sending messages to a message server instead of to the database but will they? nope not gonna happen then wall.fm wouldn't sell as well
You do not have permission to reply this topic