We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Integrate offline payment (bank wire transfer) - Paid Membership | Forum

Hans Meier
Hans Meier Jun 16 '13
Hello, it is possible to integrate a bank wire transfer? Specifically: A page that displays to the user account numberbank code number and other data (for example a textarea in the admin backend) if he will update his account or his period has expired?

Tom

Lord
Lord Jun 16 '13
i woud like to have this feature to...
Hans Meier
Hans Meier Jun 18 '13
Lord, contacts me please about email if you also have interest in the feature!
dave Leader
dave Jun 18 '13
I dont think paypal is designed to do bank wire transfers like western union does.  Also unless you have a professional merchant account and a SSL set up then bank transfers can be very insecure and not a very popular way of paying for anything.  You are much better IMO to either use the western union widget or other professional based process.  The main reason is it is more secure and also it removes much of the liability from you for a huge legal benefit.
Hans Meier
Hans Meier Jun 19 '13
Dave, the feature that I am looking for, does not include connection (API) to the bank! It is simply a function (common in Germany) that indicates the customer's banking information when choosing a membership (for example, 30 days). The customer must then automatically transfer this amount - either through its online banking or directly in the bank! There is no function that builds an online connection to the bank.
dave Leader
dave Jun 19 '13
well thats good to hear. :)   I did not know it was common there to do that.  So question for you, if you are storing the customers bank information how do you protect yourself from liability should sensitive information be lost or stolen?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jun 19 '13
Hans, thanks for the suggestion. Will keep this in mind for future updates.
But currently the only way to achieve this is only via custom code modification.
I suggest finding a developer who can complete this work for you.
Hans Meier
Hans Meier Jun 19 '13

Dave, no customer data will on-line transfer it. The process is as follows:

The customer gets my transfer data if he liked to become a member. He puts down these data in his Online-Banking or directly in the bank and transfers the money to me. I see on my bank statement that the money on the account is and switches the account freely. Then the customer gets a calculation with his data, which he in the profile stored hat:name, street, place! Quite gewöhnlichr process in Germany. I administer the bank data of the customer only in own PC what is also quite normal if one has a company. Therefore, the customer must send no own bank data on the Internet! This is a process, run the hundreds of thousands of companies! Uncertain, however, are all the payment options that require online access any account or card numbers!

Have I answered with it your question? :-)

dave Leader
dave Jun 19 '13

Yes thanks, thats interesting.  Here in the USA if you maintain bank information and other very private information, even if you store it locally in the business and not online you have to adhere to privacy regulations, i believe this includes banking, cc info, personal address, medical information and im sure other data is included. 

Here if you dont take proper precautions to safeguard the data and something happens you can be sued and very heavy fines as well.

Thanks i was really curious, that is interesting.  Thank you for taking the time to answer :)

Hans Meier
Hans Meier Jun 19 '13
Dave, of course, is to keep customer information confidential as a businessman! Although I think that in these days this is no longer handled as strictly (see Facebook, Google) Many companies make with various customer data much revenue - which I find very scary!

In the USA, almost everything is on credit cards - in Germany is not as popular and therefore an aspect of security!

The Forum post is edited by Hans Meier Jun 19 '13
KristinMurphy
KristinMurphy Dec 16 '18
I am really interested in the membership. Where I can found more information about that? I would be really grateful. If you know some other new things and methods of offline and online banking, please share. I am very interested in banking software and things like that. For example, did you know about that https://www.metryus.com/for-banks? Look very useful. I think I would use it if only I have more information. That resource is really information, but I need different sources.  
You do not have permission to reply this topic