We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't setup cronjob in plesk | Forum

Kev
Kev Jun 16 '13
Hi guys,

I'm testing Oxwall for an open source community that I have setup. I'm going to be migrating away from WP/Buddypress but I'm having real problems getting the Cronjob working so that I can have email support.

I have my own VPS running Plesk and I've setup a "scheduled task" from with the plesk panel (see screenshot attached) but I'm still getting a popup saying that the cronjob needs setting up whenever I go into the admin interface on my oxwall installation.

I'm clearly doing something wrong, but there are no instruction on the wiki for plesk. I do have "normal" shared hosting with another provider that uses cPanel but for the amount of traffic my community gets, shared hosting isn't an option.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys. I'd hate to not be able to used such an awesome tool because of something silly like this.

Thanks!

Kev

Attachments:
  Capture.PNG (29.43Kb)
Kev
Kev Jun 16 '13
Panic over...I fixed it. :)

Just in case anyone else is having problems. I changed the days of week from * to 1-7 and also turned off the directory password protection that I had setup. This was tuned on to stop the public from getting to the address.

Kev
Kev Jun 16 '13
Ok, spoke too soon...I've got the cronjob working (well, it's shceduled and the alert had gone from admin, but I can't see any emails coming through when I try to register or send emails etc.

I've completely removed the password protection on the site now, so it's completely open. If I manually navigate to http://oxwall.fossadvocates.org/ow_cron/run.php then it runs and I receive emails, but it's not running on an automatic schedule. Any ideas guys?

I'll continue to play with it in the meantime.

Thanks,

Kev