We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

2 Oxwall system in 1 hosting [Solved] | Forum

Daren
Daren Jun 19 '13
As per topic is that possible ? I have 2 Oxwall website in 1 hosting and 1 of the Oxwall website have this error : -

Error 500
Internal Server Error.

How to solve this ? It seems that probably my hosting provider is not good enough to solve this problem.

Anyone with some information on how to solve this ?

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Alia Jun 23 '13
Chris
Chris Jun 19 '13
on 1 hosting is very vague!!!

You need to have the 2 sites on different domains, either one on the main domain and the other on a sub domain or on 2 separate domains. Having more than one website on a hosting account is very normal.

If you have one of the above configurations i would suggest contacting your hosting provider, as a 500 error is generally a server or domain issue.
Alia Team
Alia Jun 20 '13
Daren, +1 to Chris's statement. It is normal to have more then one Oxwall installation on one server.
And all depends on where each is installed ( subdomain, subfolder, spearate domain). Can you provide more info?

Regarding 500 error, first thing you need to do is to follow instructions given here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/4661
Daren
Daren Jun 20 '13
Ah, thanks for reply, perhaps I should share more info ...

1 dns is registered with godaddy

1 dns is registered with hosting provider with hosting plan

both 2 dns is pointed to same server at different folders with 1 under cloudfare, the 1 with cloudfare is experiencing Internal Server Error after installing 2nd oxwall system

what could have cost the problem ? their lack of server config skill ? lol

Alia Team
Alia Jun 20 '13
Daren have you tried enabling DEBUG mode ( to make sure that this is server related 500 error)  in config.php as suggested here http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/4661 
Daren
Daren Jun 20 '13
The 1st installation was running smoothly and perfectly a few months before the installation of 2nd oxwall system, therefore, it is not a problem with Oxwall on 1st installation ? 

I made a report about it to my hosting provider and it has been 24 hrs and they still can't solve it. This is the first time they took so long to solve such issue. Usually they are pretty fast and can solve anything within 1 or 2 hrs time. Having said that, 2nd installation is up and running smoothly since installation day, with very minimal plugins prior to original plugins.

Aliia, you sure it is not server side problem ? I'd do the debug mode but it was running smoothly until after 2nd installation of Oxwall system.

Daren
Daren Jun 20 '13
I now know why !!! 

Main domain dns was changed !!! Affecting the 1st installation of godaddy url which was pointing to this hosting. How do you solve this ? lol

Here's the scenario

1. Hosting was registered to xxx.com

2. Domain registered at godaddy was pointing to Oxwall system in xxx.com's hosting plan (1st installation of Oxwall system)

3. xxx.com is then changed to zzz.com and godaddy's domain point to the oxwall system in xxx.com does not work giving an Internal Server problem

How do you solve this without deleting the 1st installation of Oxwall system ? 2nd installation of Oxwall system running smoothly under zzz.com's name.

xxx.com was changed to zzz.com because xxx.com is not being used any more but hosting plan and the files in it remain the same. This affected 1st installation of Oxwall system which was installed to xxx.com with dns by godaddy and then later zzz.com was registered as main domain under the same hosting plan.

The proper question would be, why Oxwall system didn't update the database information automatically and how to solve this ? the previous database name is automatically changed in CPANEL with new Main domain name zzz.com giving the 1st installation of Oxwall's database and user a new name (automaticall via cpanel info) such as zzz_oxwall. zzz_oxwall was previously xxx_oxwall and it was running smoothly before main domain was changed.

I repeat the same thing so many times. lol. please help ....

Daren
Daren Jun 20 '13
This is debug info : -

OW Debug - ExceptionMessage:SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'mal10050_mynba'@'localhost' (using password: YES)File:/home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/ow_core/database.phpLine:214Trace:#0 /home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/ow_core/database.php(244): OW_Database->__construct(Array) #1 /home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/ow_core/ow.php(124): OW_Database::getInstance(Array) #2 /home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/ow_core/base_dao.php(47): OW::getDbo() #3 /home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_dao.php(66): OW_BaseDao->__construct() #4 /home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_dao.php(55): BOL_ConfigDao->__construct() #5 /home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_service.php(63): BOL_ConfigDao::getInstance() #6 /home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_service.php(52): BOL_ConfigService->__construct() #7 /home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/ow_core/config.php(48): BOL_ConfigService::getInstance() #8 /home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/ow_core/config.php(68): OW_Config->__construct() #9 /home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/ow_core/ow.php(61): OW_Config::getInstance() #10 /home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/ow_core/application.php(105): OW::getConfig() #11 /home/mymiltax/public_html/naturalbornanglers.net/my/index.php(43): OW_Application->init() #12 {main}Type:InvalidArgumentException

Am I totally fxxxxd ??? Like, TOTALLY ? lol all the info and users and stuffs ... omg ... please tell me there is a way to correctly point the database information into place ...

Daren
Daren Jun 20 '13
Ahhhh ... SOLVED IT !!! LOL
Alia Team
Alia Jun 20 '13
=) Daren, glad to hear. Let me know if you still have any other questions.
Daren
Daren Jun 22 '13
Quote from Aliia =) Daren, glad to hear. Let me know if you still have any other questions.

Thanks
Jesper Juel
Jesper Juel Jun 26 '13
Hi Daren,

I hope it is ok, that I come into your space here?

I am running a site with skadate, and they just released a lite version running on oxwall.
Therefore I need to know how oxwall is running with users online?

I myself started out with a good shared server, but because of lack of servar power, I could not have more than 25-30 users online at the same time. The error I got was max_queries_per_hour (130000). First it was set to 100000, But I got it raised to 130000, but that did not help.

I therefore had to move to an vps, which helped alot. But it is a little expensive, so I really really hope that this oxwall version, could be running on a good shared server.

I have already looket at the server requirements, but in there it does not say anything about the server load and requirements to have a stable site, with multiple users, using it at the same time.

So my question is something like.
what is your experience with oxwalls server load? can it be run on a good shared server, if lets say 50-100 users are online at the samte time? is it loading slowly?

Thanks alot. I hope that it is ok that I ask you this. It seems that you have experience with server load.

Kind regards,
Jesper