We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Question to all webmasters | Forum

Bekir Eyiengin
Bekir Eyiengin Jun 21 '13

What is betterorwhatwould you recommend

1. With Welcome-Site a la Facebook

With sign in, join, Logo and Slogan, Picture etc., description

Or the standard Startsite from Oxwall

1. Guests scan see content, but not use. No description

(Privacy problem for new user ??)

Thanks for feedback

Mark
Mark Jun 23 '13

Bekir,

You can use OxWall to create the a la Facebook interface and at the same time and from within the Admin you can tell OxWall to allow guests to view content at your discretion.

Since what you are describing is a "social network site", in my humble opinion I would lean towards a site such as Oxwall that will allow for end user interaction and contribution. A static site can be great for Ecommerce and other situations where you simply desire to make information available on the web but static sites are not as effective for web-community building.

Bekir Eyiengin
Bekir Eyiengin Jun 24 '13
Hello Mark,

thank you for your feedback.

I am now one step further in my thoughts.

Abbey
Abbey Jul 4 '13
personally I hate sites that make me join before I can access, I want to see what I'm joining before I waste time on the process
dave Leader
dave Jul 4 '13

yes i agree for the most part Abbey, the issue comes if you decide to do a more adult oriented site, having everything in the front store window can lead to legal issues as well as just hassles from moral groups.  So for those yes i agree put it behind a login.

John Michaels
John Michaels Sep 5 '13
I use Oxwall as a full fledged community just like AssBook ( I hate them ) giving visitors a front page look at the site with buttons leading to all the things they can possibly see , but then they cannot go any further until they become a registered user.

If they like the looks of your site , they will want to go on , it's the front page that really has to grab hold of them.
The Forum post is edited by Den Sep 9 '13
Osborn Tyler
Osborn Tyler Sep 18
Hello! I am looking for information on mobile e-commerce best practices. I would like to know where I can find current recommendations and strategies for optimizing mobile platforms and apps for e-commerce. What resources or articles can you recommend to understand current trends, effective approaches to design and user experience in mobile commerce? Thank you!
william thompsonwt
Mobile eCommerce Best Practices can be found on various resources dedicated to mobile commerce and UX design. One blog that can be useful for understanding mobile commerce best practices is https://polyany.io/blog/post/mobile-ecommerce-best-practices. This resource provides valuable insights and recommendations for optimizing mobile shopping platforms. I recommend exploring sources such as blogs and studies on mobile optimization, which cover topics from user interface to loading speed optimization. Useful tips include simplifying navigation, speeding up page load times, responsive design, and improving the checkout process.
johncena007
johncena007 Sep 18
In the year 2024, I am thankful for the invaluable opportunities to gain knowledge, numi zarah the meaningful connections that have brought richness to my life, and the steadfast resilience displayed in overcoming challenges,nurturing not only personal growth but also a deeper understanding of life's complexities.