We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Feature request - Forum | Forum

idea
idea May 10 '11
# thumbs up & down, comment, tweet, send to facebook wall post
# permission for members to create and allow moderation
# mail, print topic with privacy
# publish with privacy option for
owner (public/private/category/
labeled group/ tagged group/invite/
request )
# native WYSIWYG editor, smiles etc
# url of my forums should be www.abc.com/username/forum
# native analytic
The Forum post is edited by idea May 11 '11
Den Team
Den Feb 14 '12
With the 1.3.1 update admin can create private forums. Which are limit to view/edit for defined user roles.
Antartis
Antartis Feb 24 '12
#can resize the textbox to reply/start topic

#BB CODE, emotes.

Ton
Ton Apr 26 '12
In the http://<yoursite>/forum overview page, new posts in the group of topics are not shown using a "new" image like in http://<yoursite>/forum/1

Is it possible to also shown the "new" image on the overview page when new replies are posted?

At this moment you can only see it via the last reply date.

Lisa
Lisa May 4 '12

The forum is pretty good but our site suffers lack of activity because our users can't easily find the newest activity. It needs a better way to track most recent activity in the forum...

A couple of thoughts:

On the newsfeed, when someone new posts to a forum thread, it posts the userpic of who *created* the thread and says in the title "Username Created a thread" then *underneath that* it points out that someone new has replied with a brief blurb of their reply. It would be less confusing to have the tile be "Username replied to a thread" with the user avatar of the replier (rather than creator of the thread).

Also - and this is a biggie:

Some sort of "show threads with new activity since last login" and/or "Today's Posts" (that lists all threads with new activity on that day option sin the forum. Most other forum software (vbulletin, PHPbb, etc) have something like this and it makes the forums much easier to navigate

Lisa
Lisa Jul 26 '12
Any plans to implement a "recent posts" or "today's posts" type feature into the forum plugin? This would make a HUGE difference to activity levels...
Richard Lee
Richard Lee Oct 23 '12
Plus one for Lisa's comments.

Are there any plans to implement this?

Thanks

Kirk
Kirk Nov 24 '12
how about numbered pages with X number of replies on each page in the forum instead of the long scroll to get to the bottom, and when you move a topic shouldn't the old copy should disappear. I did manage to get a small set of smiles in my forum. Cave Man style lol
The Forum post is edited by Kirk Nov 24 '12
Alia Team
Alia May 17 '13
Lisa has posted a feature suggestion. You can vote for it here: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/...-s-posts-and-new-pos
Rainey
Rainey Jul 17 '13
I would just like there to be one extra category.  Ex.  Category="types of religion" -> "Abrahamic Faiths"->"Christianity"->"Baptist"->"New topic".  Just doesn't go deep enough...
You do not have permission to reply this topic