We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

cannot load video's to forum? [Fixed] | Forum

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jun 30 '13
Hi guys,

I am Just having a bit of a problem uplaoding a video from youtube to one of my group forums, it just won't let me, does anyone have any idea why this is happening, basically my sister suffers with MS and she wants to set up a support group for other people who suffer with the same illness, but with out been able to upload video's she is finding it hard to complete her group.

Kind regaards

Stan Junior
The Forum post is edited by Alia Jul 9 '13
Den Team
Den Jun 30 '13
Topic was moved from General Chat.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 1 '13
Stan,

1. How are you trying to add the video?

Are you using 'Video' button?

2. What is your embed code?

3. Do you get any errors/notices?

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 1 '13
yes I am using the video button and it is like there is something there but it is invisible this is the code I am using <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dm3z_7Dl5b4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> but there is nothing showing up?
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 1 '13
and just to mention Aliia I have not been recieving any notification when members join either by signing up or even if they join by facebook connect, its weird? lol
Alia Team
Alia Jul 2 '13
Stan, thanks for reporting issue about video embed.
Youtube has changed the way they provide embed codes. We are currently working on updating our code to work with their embeds. I will keep you posted.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 2 '13
In standard Oxwall installation site admin is not supposed to get notifications when new users register ( unless user approval is enabled).
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 2 '13
I understand that Aliia but I am not getting any email notification of when member send me a gift and write on my wall like I use to before my website crashed the last time?
Alia Team
Alia Jul 4 '13
PMed you a couple of questions.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 9 '13
Guys, we have fixed the issue with youtube videos within the media panel ( when you post blogs, forum topics, for example).

What to do.

1. Download the .txt file attached to this reply.
2. Rename it to jevix.class.php on your computer.
3. Open your control panel>>go to ow_libraries/jevix and replace jevix.class.php with the  new downloaded one.

You are done =). Try to add video on your forum.

Let me know if you face any issues.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 10 '13
it is still the same as before even though I uploaded the new attachment, you still have to add the http: to the code.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 15 '13
Stan, I have just tested this on your site.

Added a video on your group's forum.
My embed: <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fxQcBKUPm8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Result:

Alia Team
Alia Jul 15 '13
Note that fix applies only to videos uploaded via media panel ( fix for videos uploaded via "Video" plugin is still being developed).

Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 15 '13
ok thank you Aliia I will try now :)
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 15 '13
just tried and tested it and it is working perfect thank you Aliia.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 15 '13
Welcome.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 17 '13
Stan, I have added a new fix for videos added via VIDEO plugin as well ( http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/12080).