We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Frustrated: Video attach in newsfeed/wall/forum/etc. not working. [Fixed] | Forum

Briton
Briton Jun 30 '13
I've been trying to figure this out for days with no luck.

I worked with my hosting company. (HostForWeb recommended by oxwall.) and they helped with a lot of bugs but the main one Is the video feature.

It doesn't allow me to attach video in newsfeed/wall/forum/etc. nor does it even show thumbnails in the video plugin. I've installed it, uninstalled it and no luck. I've contacted oxwall and forum admins with no response and really want to get my platform stabled out so I can continue with the development.

The hostforweb said this:

As for embed videos, you can embed videos properly via Video plugin, however newsfeed won't show the thumbnails of the video, there will just be a blank space but which if you click on it will actually open the embedded video. What is happening is that newsfeed plugin can't parse the embedded video or generate its thumbnail for some reason, but apart from generic parse error we can't find any particular errors logged for this. And for that you will need to contact

oxwall support, please note that on our shared servers we have litespeed and cloudlinux with cagefs running, which might be worth mentioning to oxwall support when you contact them about this issue.

-Please help with fixing this.

The Forum post is edited by Alia Jul 9 '13
Abbey
Abbey Jun 30 '13
Have you allowed the url you are trying to embed from?
Go to Admin>Settings> User Settings>Content Input, scroll to the bottom and add all the urls you with to allow embeds from in Rich Media Settings
Briton
Briton Jun 30 '13
I've also installed oxwall platform and uninstalled twice. so I keep hitting my head against the same wall.
Briton
Briton Jun 30 '13
Thanks Abbey for the reply, yes i've done that, no luck.
Abbey
Abbey Jun 30 '13
have you added them no www and one per line?
The Forum post is edited by Abbey Jun 30 '13
Briton
Briton Jun 30 '13
So I have this:

clipfish.deyoutube.comgoogle.commetacafe.commyspace.comnovamov.commyvideo.devimeo.combreak.comnetflix.comhulu.comfacebook.com

I added:

www.youtube.com

along with 

youtube.com

MOHAMED YOUBA
MOHAMED YOUBA Jun 30 '13

Hi, you need to add 'http:' to the link, see here for the complete explication

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11837

Briton
Briton Jun 30 '13
so it should be added in content input as

http://www.youtube.com

?

Briton
Briton Jun 30 '13
just tried that,

still get parseerror message and on video plugin doesnt show thumbnail.

You can see here:

ThinkItFreeIt.com 

MOHAMED YOUBA
MOHAMED YOUBA Jun 30 '13
ok I am trying to access your site but and I see that you have small problem with you fbconnect plugin !!! do you have a test member account to enable me connect
MOHAMED YOUBA
MOHAMED YOUBA Jun 30 '13
or try add this viedo

copy and past this

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V20psqOKxLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MOHAMED YOUBA
MOHAMED YOUBA Jun 30 '13
do you have any other video plugin or link plugin? try to desactivate additional plugin to see, some may cause conflict
Abbey
Abbey Jun 30 '13
they should be added to the admin section I mentioned earlier as

example.com
2example.com
3example.com

The embed code is different to a url... and even if you added the url instead of embed code you still shouldn't get parse error.

I tried to access your site but it says it doesnt exist
The Forum post is edited by Abbey Jun 30 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jul 2 '13
Briton, we are already working on fixing the issue with youtube embeds.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 9 '13
Guys, we have fixed the issue with youtube videos within the media panel ( when you post blogs, forum topics, for example).

What to do.

1. Download the .txt file attached to this reply.
2. Rename it to jevix.class.php on your computer.
3. Open your control panel>>go to ow_libraries/jevix and replace jevix.class.php with the  new downloaded one.

You are done =). Try to add video on your forum.

Let me know if you face any issues.
bobbi
bobbi Jul 9 '13
couldnt you of just updated the plug in, that would if been so much easier, a one click update, we dont use c panel so would not know where to begin with adding this file to the server
Alia Team
Alia Jul 10 '13
Bobbi,  your suggestion is reasonable and we usually do fixes in plugins. BUT this case is special, since media panel  feature is part of Oxwall's core and is used in various plugins.

Do you have FTP? Main idea is just to replace your current jevix.class.php with the new one. You should have some kind of control panel, not necessarily cPanel, but some kind of place where you can see all files that are uploaded to your server.
MOHAMED YOUBA
MOHAMED YOUBA Jul 10 '13
Yes, it is working fine for me

Thanks

Alia Team
Alia Jul 15 '13
Welcome.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 15 '13
Jamie, where did you try to add the video?
Fix applies only to videos uploaded via media panel and not for videos uploaded via Video plugin ( more info on what is "media panel" here http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/12080
Pages: 1 2 »