We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Support questions - Affiliates | Forum

Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Jul 1 '13
Feel free to post your questions concerning Affiliates plugin here, or you can send us a private message
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 4 '13
Great start to a beautiful plugin. Seriously guys awesome work. 

I would like you to add the ability to pay out in credits also. this would serve a very useful feature to make this complete.

Also I think the admin should be the one to add the banners that the affiliate's use. Seems silly to make every affiliate upload their own banners.

I would also like to know how i can remove the "Payment details Provide details on how you want your commission to be paid" 

we should tell the affiliate's how we are paying them not ask them how they would like to be paid.  For instance If i send a user to your site i would like a million in cash, doesn't mean your going to give it to me. 

Oxwall Accessories
hope you like my little joke. ;)

Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Jul 4 '13
+1 Like for User Credits support
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Jul 4 '13
Guys, thanks for suggestions and feedback
Please explain how you think user credits can be used it this plugin.
I currently cant find any sense in paying affiliate with credits since affiliate is not a person registered on the site so you cannot give credits to a person who is not a member of the community
Oxwall Accessories
well Just as a little insight the most popular adult website currently online is called Myfreecams.com they have and affiliate program that they call bring a friend. It works like this. If someone signs up using your link you get 10 credits, If they purchase you get 200. 

I think its rather self explanatory that not everyone wants to pay in cash but some users already using our services may want to make some extra credits. I hope this clears things up.

Oxwall Accessories
Quote from OxwallAccessories Also I think the admin should be the one to add the banners that the affiliate's use. Seems silly to make every affiliate upload their own banners.

Francis
Francis Jul 4 '13
Hi great module !

I have à question on this one?

But if à affiliate sent us on our website a new visitor who subscribe on our site a free account (no commission on this case), if aftershave some weeks this same member upload bis account on a pay account, is it possible to pay/log commission for the affiliate? And if the pay account is reccuring... Is it possible reccuring commission?
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Jul 4 '13
To OxwallAccessories & Alex Philipp:
I think you can use credits with affiliates plugin the following way:
Affiliate who is willing to be paid with credits fills the Payment details field with something like this: "I would like to be paid with credits deposited to the following user: [username]". After that site admin can grant credits to the user specified.

To OxwallAccessories:

Quote from OxwallAccessories
Quote from OxwallAccessories Also I think the admin should be the one to add the banners that the affiliate's use. Seems silly to make every affiliate upload their own banners.
Nice idea, I'll add an option for admin to upload default banners

To Francis
Sure, recurring commission is supported. If you refer a user as an affiliate you'll get a commission from all ongoing sales from this user
Oxwall Accessories
Quote from Oxwall CandyStore To OxwallAccessories & Alex Philipp: I think you can use credits with affiliates plugin the following way: Affiliate who is willing to be paid with credits fills the Payment details field with something like this: "I would like to be paid with credits deposited to the following user: [username]". After that site admin can grant credits to the user specified.

This sounds ok for now but again there should be an option in admin section if it isn't too much trouble to use Usd or Site credits. Again if it isnt too much trouble I really do think it would make the plugin more appealing not only to myself but as to the community as well. With that said I really do want to thank you again for such a wonderful job on this plugin 
Gabriel
Gabriel Jul 6 '13
Hello I am running on oxwall 1.4 does this plugin support 1.4???? 

Also, is it true the affiliate make their own banner for this? can I have a banner the affiliate choose from?

The Forum post is edited by Gabriel Jul 6 '13
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 6 '13
Just trying to help out the creator here but as far as the banners go yes every member has to create their own. I believe he said he will be changing that and I look forward to those changes. As far as the 1.4 you would have to wait for Candystore to reply. 

I personally can not wait for the update As this plugin is pretty much useless to me untill those changes are made. Candystore would you consider the site credits update as well sir as I really need that feature. 

Gabriel
Gabriel Jul 6 '13
Yes, I dont understand an affiliate uploading their own banner, never heard of that. 

Candystore, also, I have a customed made payment plugin for 2checkout based off the paypal plugin, i am assuming this will still work correct?

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 6 '13
I think these added options in the admin panel would make this plugin 100% compatible for every website. 

1. Option for affiliate plugin to require new registration or option to use specified user roles that are already registered.

2. Option to pay in site credits or Usd through  payout services  the site owner may have( (i.e. we pay our affilates with payoneer, or we pay our affiliates with paypal)

3. option for admin to upload all banners or just default banners while allowing member to make their own. In either case not all affiliates will want to make their own banners (if an affiliate of an adult site made a banner with a child on it this could lead to big trouble for the owner of the site this is why they don't allow the use of personal banners in 9 out of 10 cases)

Can you please respond to these three things as they are very important to me and a few other members waiting to purchase your plugin. 

Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Jul 7 '13
Answers to your questions:

Quote from Gabriel Hello I am running on oxwall 1.4 does this plugin support 1.4????
Tested on 1.5 and higher, so I'm not sure about 1.4

Quote from Gabriel Also, is it true the affiliate make their own banner for this? can I have a banner the affiliate choose from?

As I said we are adding an option for admin to upload default banners available for all affiliates

Quote from Gabriel I have a customed made payment plugin for 2checkout based off the paypal plugin, i am assuming this will still work correct?

Quote from OxwallAccessories 2. Option to pay in site credits or Usd through payout services the site owner may have( (i.e. we pay our affilates with payoneer, or we pay our affiliates with paypal)

Affiliates plugin wont work with any standard payment gateway because in a plugin like PayPal billing available in the store you receive payments from customers, but here you need quite different behavior: you will be paying to your affiliates and it does not mean that your affiliates have paypal or payoneer or 2checkout accounts. You'll need to have special integrations of all these payment gateways with mass pay option (for PayPal this might be available only for Pro account types, but not Basic business accounts). So you can see this is not a trivial task, that's why we made the most flexible solution - manual payouts.

Quote from OxwallAccessories 1. Option for affiliate plugin to require new registration or option to use specified user roles that are already registered.

We currently do not plan to add such a functionality
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 7 '13
Will you consider charging me for the features I need? If not may I request a refund as I dont think I will be able to use this plugin on my site. 
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Jul 7 '13

Quote from OxwallAccessories Will you consider charging me for the features I need? If not may I request a refund as I dont think I will be able to use this plugin on my site. 

What features are you requesting?
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 7 '13

1. Option for affiliate plugin to require new registration or option to use specified user roles that are already registered.

2. Option to pay in site credits and auto pay them once every two weeks. 

3. option for admin to upload all banners without allowing members to upload there own

Thomas
Thomas Aug 12 '13

Very good plugin, thanks. I am a satisfied user and I look forward to future updates.

You mentioned that you can set a members of a affiliate manually. How do you do it?

Cheers /Thomas

Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Aug 12 '13
Thomas,
In admin panel when you are viewing affiliate details there should be a button to assign user to affiliate
Pages: 1 2 3 »
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic