We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Help - Old Data import to new one | Forum

idea
idea May 11 '11
Dear ,

appreciate if any one help me to restore my old mysqlbackup to new one.

Conditions- in past my site was crashed due to server reason they handed me a mysql tar.gz file. After this tried a lot to restore same old site but didn't succeed. Then installed letter a new one

Now I want to call all that user data to new one with out harming new one.

Is it possible?
Den Team
Den May 11 '11
Hi dear
I suggest you to install an old version of platform and connect it with your database. Then, update to new version.
idea
idea May 12 '11
Dear Addenster,

I think I didn't succeed to explain you..
# currently have a running upto date site with latest software of oxwall
# have old mysql backup
# old data contain few same profile registrations

what my requirement is
# only copy / import data structure that contains registration information + photos that were uploaded by that user + blogs + links + groups + videos + forums.
# during importing that registration data it verifies for duplicate registration by say email ID and user name
# during importing process it mustn't overwrite current photograph + group + video + links + blog etc, but can created/added/imported as a new one

In my phpmyadmin I saw a utility to sync data from one dbase to another but I don't want to take risk over it now as some how site maintained to work perfectly for last 3-4 months, in past it was crashed during udation 2 times and so it was hard for me to maintain faith of members.

I know it's a difficult task - please don't just stop this topic with "impossible" word.

Admin
www.ikbc.in
The Forum post is edited by idea May 12 '11
Den Team
Den May 13 '11
Got it. Don't sure that it can be done with sync utility in phpmyadmin. May be you need to discuss it with some php developer? It seems that you need a custom script wich will merge your database and transfer data from old db to new one. IMHO