We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suddenly I'm Unable To Include a Video In a Blog Post [ Fixed] | Forum

Don
Don Jul 2 '13
Ever since the software has been installed I have been able to easily insert a video (from YouTube) in a blog post. Today I went to put up a blog post with a video in it, and I can not get the video to work. I tried this quite a few times, including disabling a bunch of plugins first to see if that would make any difference, but still no success. I looked at an older blog entry with a video embedded, and it is still working fine. Apparently I just can't add any new ones.

Any Idea what the problem could be?

The Forum post is edited by Alia Jul 9 '13
Don
Don Jul 2 '13
Also, the problem is with both the old YouTube embed code and the new embed code. Both sets of code worked before when I would add a video to the blog, but now neither work.

I can still add videos to the video section though. I would like to be able to add videos in the blog section once again.

Alia Team
Alia Jul 2 '13
Don, youtube has changed their embed for videos. We are already working on adding fixes to our code.
Don
Don Jul 3 '13
Ok, thanks...
Alia Team
Alia Jul 9 '13
Guys, we have fixed the issue with youtube videos within the media panel ( when you post blogs, forum topics, for example).

What to do.

1. Download the .txt file attached to this reply.
2. Rename it to jevix.class.php on your computer.
3. Open your control panel>>go to ow_libraries/jevix and replace jevix.class.php with the  new downloaded one.

You are done =). Try to add video on your forum.

Let me know if you face any issues.
Don
Don Jul 10 '13
Awesome, it works! :D

Thanks!

Alia Team
Alia Jul 17 '13
Don, I have added one more fix for youtube videos uploaded via VIDEO plugin. Fix can be found here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/12080