We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to properly stop selling a plugin? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 4 '13
When Im ready to stop selling my plugins Is there a way without deleting the download links for those who have purchased. Also this doesn't mean that people can start sharing them right? If people were to share would you drop support to them like you would for removing the oxwall link on their profile?
Pete
Pete Jul 4 '13
Why or you stoping?
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 4 '13
Because I have recovered my money and would like to keep the features that I have sold somewhat Custom to me and those who have purchased it. Its no fun If everyone has it. lmao
Alexandr Makarov
Alexandr Makarov Jul 5 '13
you can increase price to some unreasonable values :)
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 5 '13
thats a pretty good point. 
Abbey
Abbey Jul 5 '13
maybe this is something oxwall need to think about
Pete
Pete Jul 5 '13
Before you stop can you make a bridge mod for SMF forum boards  lol 
Oxwall Accessories
Im not stopping having them made Im just curios how to stop selly one or another in particular

Pete
Pete Jul 5 '13

can you have a bridge mod made ? I am sure you would sell a lot ,if the price was right.We need a good forum board .Not only that you could sell this ongoing ,which would be a good investment for you.If  you have one made and you sell the mod prity cheap ,I will buy this mod off you .These bridge mods or not hard to buld if you know php and can code Look at the bridge mod in datemill  there is only a few lines of code ,I would say it would take a person 2 hours at most if thay were good at php to build the mod

http://www.datemill.com/addons.php

look at some of the bridge mods for forum in datemill there is nothing 2 them,if you sold them for say!$10 lots of members would buy this off you  £10 x1000 members say, that's a lot of dollars to be made ,this will prob happen over a period of time in sales,as most members want a good forum

The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 5 '13
Oxwall Accessories
I cant personally pay to have this made only to recover small amounts across time sorry. If you would like to pay for the development I can have my team get on it for you. that would also give you the resale rights to the plugin and you can recover the money. Let me know if you are interested. 
Pete
Pete Jul 5 '13

I am not going through a 3 rd party  LOL  , Cant you just give me the link for the developer so I can contact him , I wont pass it on ,just message me

Oxwall Accessories
It has taken me a very long time to find a team of qualified developers and that is why we have put together this team. They will not take outside projects that are not through our company. I am sorry. If you would like an estimate let me know and i will pm you a price. I can tell you this however Quality work is not cheap, and cheap work has no quality. 
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Jul 5 '13
Pete
Pete Jul 5 '13

forget it

Oxwall Accessories
Sorry Pete. when we have some down time i will look into this for you. I just personally don'thave the time or money right now to fund any new projects. 
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 6 '13
this is true. would be a good idea to maybe make the plugins in the store so they cant be deleted yet lockable.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall has grown a whole lot over the past year or so. It may be time to have more developers to cover all aspects of the business. I mean it would be a good Idea to have the team stay focused on the updates for the script but maybe we should have someone focusing on oxwall.org as well. 
Oxwall Accessories
anyways that's just my 2 cents and trust me its not worth a buck...lol 
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jul 7 '13
Quote from OxwallAccessories. I can tell you this however Quality work is not cheap, and cheap work has no quality. 

Did you mean to include Linux and Oxwall and all the free plugins and Open Office etc?

:-)

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 9 '13
No Steve, lmao.  Obviously I was speaking of hiring outside development for one off projects, unless you think oxwall team is going to stop the mobile update to code your project for free. I have hired outside many times and in my experience the cheaper the work was the worse the plugin or modification turned out to be. Now that we have our own developers for OWaccessories.com I have no problems paying them what they ask because they provide quality work and clean code. I also have worked with Purus many times and I am going to be very sad to see him go. He does great work! But its not cheap and it does work! that's my point!
Den Team
Den Jul 10 '13
OxwallAccessories,

Really sad to know you are going to go out of the game. Will be interested to know more details about the project you are working on (PM me please). In any way, it's your choice and your way. Hope you will move up to the next level with your team. 

As for the closing plugins, you may ask moderation team to suspend it. They will disappear in Store, but still will be available for auto updates for existing customers. 

Pages: 1 2 »