We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed/Privacy | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Bekir Eyiengin
Bekir Eyiengin Jul 9 '13

If I have understood correctly (forum research)

the privacy settings are ONLY valid for Dasboard Newsfeed and NOT for Main Newsfeed?

So if i dont switch off the Newsfeed in Main the user have no real privacy (although everything is set to "only friends" by user, everything is displayed in Main Newsfeed) Dashboard Newsfeed works with "Privacy Settings" correctly.

What can i do if i want that all user have the chance to see the Main Newsfeed (where more action is) without privacy problem?

ross Team
ross Jul 10 '13
Bekir, 

You can control privacy settings of all newsfeeds (Main and Dashboard) as these are widgets 

to make main newsfeed visible or not go the index page, click on the "customize this page button" go the settings of the newsfeed widget and click on the restrict view and choose user roles

to make dashboard newsfeed visible or not go the admin panel: www.yoursite.com/admin/user-dashboard, go the settings of the newsfeed by clicking "edit" and make the same changes. 

Bekir Eyiengin
Bekir Eyiengin Jul 10 '13

Quote from ross
You can control privacy settings of all newsfeeds (Main and Dashboard) as these are widgets 

Why the content from UserA (who has set everything to only Friends) is visible in the MAIN NEWSFEEDS for UserB (Who is not friend or Follower from UserA)??

ross Team
ross Jul 15 '13
you can check this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11159
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 15 '13