We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

administrator Rights | Forum

Евгений
Евгений Jul 15 '13

Hello The next situation.

After upgrading to version 1.5 of the site administrator the opportunity to edit the profile. Also had a button to change the password ... I even used it to change the password to one of the users. After a further update (now version 1.5.3) the ability to edit the profile is preserved, but the button to change the password is gone. So it should be? and if so, how to get a password change, who faced?

ross Team
ross Jul 15 '13
Can I have your domain name, please?
Евгений
Евгений Jul 15 '13
How to bring back this opportunity? What needs to change?
ross Team
ross Jul 15 '13
This will be a custom code modification
Евгений
Евгений Jul 15 '13
I realized this, I need to post a topic in a forum, or you move this?
ross Team
ross Jul 15 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Hadi Kamell
Hadi Kamell Jul 17 '13
i think password changer is a commercial plugin, but i was not saw that button in version 1.5 :/
Daisy Team
Daisy Jul 18 '13
We've never allowed admins to change the users' passwords. Seems you've used a third-party plugin or made a custom code modification, that has been lost after you updated to 1.5.3.

Anyway, if you perform this modification you can check the /ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/edit.php file to see how the system works and what you should do to make this work the way you need.

However, as you might know, we strongly recommend not to modify the core files because when you update your site - all the changes you've made will be lost.

Евгений
Евгений Jul 18 '13
It's amazing. But really, I had the opportunity to change the user's password ... Thanks for the tips and see.