We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video Plugin Apache Forbidden Error | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Vern Southern
Vern Southern Jul 20 '13
Error Message:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /video/add/index/ on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at www.childfreelovers.com Port 80

I submitted a support ticket with my GreenGeeks server support. It was escalate to their level 2 technicians to investigate the issue. This was their reply, "I've checked your account and I've not found folder video/add/index/. Please check this issue and provide us with correct path."

This means that Oxwall is calling for a directory that does not exist.

I really do not understand this. Why is Oxwall trying to upload to a directory? It is "embedded code". All the page needs is the iframe code. That should be stored in the database.

I have a Joomla site on the same server and YouTube videos work just fine on it. So this is not a server issue.

I am having a similar issue with embedding YouTube videos in all other areas. Oxwall is showing an orange rectangle box at the top of the screen that simply says "error".

I would really like to get this to work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Vern Southern
Vern Southern Jul 20 '13
I tried the fix on "Fix for youtube embed videos" @ http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/12080

Still the same. No change at all.
The Forum post is edited by Vern Southern Jul 20 '13
ross Team
ross Jul 21 '13
This is server related issue, please, contact your hosting provider, to fix it. 
Sekreta Drago
Sekreta Drago Jul 31 '13
I had the same problem. On a hunch, I tried using the old embed code for YouTube videos and the old embed code works fine.

When you go to copy the embed code for a YouTube video, look below the code and you will see a list of checkboxes, one of them says " Use old embed code [?]" ...check that box and grab the old code.
The Forum post is edited by Sekreta Drago Jul 31 '13
ross Team
ross Aug 6 '13
In Vern's case. this is related with his server. We already had some community members, which contacted their hosting provider with the same problem and it was solved by them. 
dave Leader
dave Aug 12 '13
Did anyone say what the issue was, i have a member with the same issue that im trying to help,  the exact same error.  We fixed his permissions so far they were all out of wack, but still getting this error.  Any resolve or specs on the resolve details ?
ross Team
ross Aug 12 '13
Dave, 

This is certainly has something to do with the server. We asked those clients to provide us with the solution from their hosting providers, but as usual, the problem is solved, the community member is gone :)

dave Leader
dave Aug 12 '13

Thanks Ross,  he is not really sure what to tell his host, they will certainly deny its them and he is frustrated, i dont even know really what he would tell me, they will ask him specificly and guess we can just give the same as the first post here. 

Last hope here i am going to look at his htaccess and see if anything pops out at me, short of that im not sure.

Rick K
Rick K Aug 12 '13
I just got a reply from GreenGeeks in regard to this problem.

"ModSecuritu rules 340148 and 340147 have been disabled for the account "******", it appears to be working now."

It does work. Although the posting in the newsfeed is only a hyperlink. It used to include a thumbnail. Placing the video plug-in on the page shows a thumbnail, though.

Thanks to all of you. Hope this will help with any future issues like this.
dave Leader
dave Aug 12 '13
awesome
The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 12 '13
Rick K
Rick K Aug 12 '13
Does the disabling of these rules create any security issues for my site? If so, what might they be and is there a way to fix that issue??
dave Leader
dave Aug 12 '13

Here ya go Rick, interesting i learned something new as well.. 

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11313

ross Team
ross Aug 12 '13
Rick, thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it.