We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Unsure of required configuration? - Mochi Games for Oxwall | Forum

Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 22 '13

I recently purchased this plug in, and it works fine. However the high scores etc are not showing up on my site. Also I get a notice in my admin panel that says

" Mochi Games requires configuration"

The plug in appears to want a Publisher ID, A Publisher Secret Key and a Verification Code..none of which I have.

I'm guessing the lack of leader boards and high scores showing up on my site has to do with this missing information(?)

My members are amusing themselves well enough with the games so far since they are a new addition, but would eventually like to be able to keep high scores and such. Please help :)

EDIT: oh wait, I think I found out what's going on. I should have read a bit further back..lol

The Forum post is edited by Tess Franklin Jul 22 '13
Zaph
Zaph Jul 22 '13
To configure the plugin please follow this manuals after installation

http://www.wallox.com/blogs/5

http://www.wallox.com/blogs/7

The Forum post is edited by Zaph Jul 23 '13
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 22 '13
Thank you :)
Troy Merriam
Troy Merriam Nov 26 '13
Quote from Blog 5:

" Remember. If you want to be able to earn money with games you should upload the swf file to your folder and insert full path to the embed code,  for example:

Upload your swf to the folder "ow_userfiles/plugins/mochigames/game.swf"

<embed src="www.wallox.com/ow_userfiles/plugins/mochigames/game.swf" menu="false" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="320" height="240">"

--------------
ok, Upload your swf to the folder...  How do i get the swf file?

and where am I suppose to put this embedded script?

other than this I had no issues following the blog.. was very helpful!

Zaph
Zaph Nov 26 '13
You can download the swf file for the game from the mochimedia game catalog page.

After it you need to edit the game that you had added via admin panel on your site.

You can upload the file via ftp or via edit form (see the bottom of the attached screenshot)

And after it edit the Embed Code textarea like on the screenshot, there is a changed src="" attribute that has a path to the uploaded swf

Thanks for your question, I'll try to update the manual

Troy Merriam
Troy Merriam Nov 26 '13
thanks for the fast reply ...attempting now :)
Troy Merriam
Troy Merriam Nov 26 '13
Quote: "You can download the swf file for the game from the mochimedia game catalog page."

I should really learn to read instead of scanning. lol

ok, I'm not after just one game,  I'm meaning for all the games... initially  the plug in starts with 10 games on my site.  Of course i will add 200 or better but...

before i start adding im trying to make sure that i will get paid for what i have and will add...

if im reading right, the explanation above is for an added game, correct?

is the swf file loaded and set up with the plugin? - do i have to set it for each game, even if i load multiples at a times? now im  getting confused lol

Zaph
Zaph Nov 28 '13
Games that are come with the plugin just for demonstrating and first run. After installation you can chose the games you want. There is no any swf file in the plugin package.

First of all you need to add game from game catalog or admin panel. After it you should upload the swf file and set it in the embed code of the game.

Yes you need to add swf to each game, it is a requirement of Mochimedia. Anyway you can use games without swf. But if you really want to make a business on Mochi games you need to study the whole process of adding games for credits. For more info please read the manuals on Mochimedia.com.

Troy Merriam
Troy Merriam Dec 1 '13
Thanks Zaph!

swf.  equals the download-able zip package - which can be found next to the embed coding tab.. on the mochi game pages.

From what i gathered, you basically have to upload each zip file per game to your server ...which means you host it - but it's still connected to mochi.. it's "how to get paid for their ad's."
You do not have permission to reply this topic