We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Fatal Error - MessageAll | Forum

Michael
Michael Jul 23 '13
Hi

I sent out a mail to about 40k+ members and this error appeared, I'm not sure how many of the users received it and how many didnt. Could you help me resolve this error so it wont happen next time?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/database.php on line 328

Kind Regards,
Miks
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Sir,

40k+ users are really too huge for any script to handle.

Can you confirm if you are using the new version from the store which is released few days back? The new version has some logic to avoid any such issues. Actually this is out of control of the plugin.

Please let me know when you get this error.
Michael
Michael Jul 23 '13
As far as I was aware I believe the plugin is up to date, I have just uploaded the latest version now though.

This error appears after I click the send button on the message I just composed in the admin section of MessageAll, so right after I click send.

I have just confirmed and 1 in 5 accounts have received it.

40k users isnt huge at all, I hope the plugins and oxwall platform can handle alot more than 40k users :s if it cant then its not a very good social network system.

I am going to send out the same message to my users and see if it happens again.
Michael
Michael Jul 23 '13
Ok so it looks like it did update the plugin just now as it said something about source code had changed and needs to update DB.

Once it completed updating the DB I then click settings so I could send out another message, it now comes back with a 500 internal error before loading the settings page. I then uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it, I then went back to plugin manager and clicked settings but still produced a 500 internal error.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Oh.. it seems that there is a corrupted database upgrade. Is it possible for you to enable DEBUG mode and let me know the error reason?

If not, please provide me access to cpanel and site admin.
Michael
Michael Jul 23 '13
I dont mind you accessing the site, your one of very few developers I allow access to it. I'll send you over a pm now.

I think its best if you access the site as I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin so it looks like it may need your input, that's as far as my skills go
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Ok Sir. Please let me know your login details of site and cpanel via PM as its not safe to provide that public.
Retta
Retta Jun 18 '14

I can't get the message all plugin I purchased downloaded on my site

Purusothaman Ramanujam
You mean you are not able to download the plugin?

PS: Please create a new post for your issues.

Retta
Retta Jun 18 '14
I've got it downloaded now...Thanks...I installed it but do not see where my members can send messages...I see where I can do it from Admin
Purusothaman Ramanujam
This plugin is for admins as in the description.
Retta
Retta Jun 19 '14

Sorry...do you have one for members?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I will have it made ready soon.
Retta
Retta Jun 22 '14

Ok Thanks

This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic