We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Video Embed Codes. How to make subsequent videos play in same window | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Aug 1 '13
There is this Chinese Video sharing site (Youku.com) which is also great for Oxwall, but when the embedded video finishes playing, all other videos I click on send me to their their to watch the video. Like Youtube and others, I want all videos to play in the same window. I want to add this site to the source code and make all videos to play in the same window. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
ross Team
ross Aug 6 '13
This has probably something to do with the website itself (Youku.com). 
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Aug 6 '13
I think I saw it somewhere in Oxwall Source code where there was a string telling the allowed video sharing sites to play in same window. So I thought we could force subsequent videos to play in same window by altering the code.
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '13

I am not aware of any way to do this effectively.  The only thing that even comes close (and its a stretch)  is the attempt to wrap subsequent videos in a iframe so the visual effect appears to be in the same window, but this is just a visual trick.  

You also have to consider that doing so could violate some unknown TOS or required agreement between the plugin and the source.  Meaning that maybe in order for the developer or Oxwall to use the API, the license might state that subsequent videos are accessed via the video site in order to improve their traffic flow SEO. Bypassing that requirement could violate that agreement.

Their might be a way to do this, but my gut tells me that it would be a hack job to the core or video files and after all of that my impression is that the results would be worse than they are now, or not to your satisfaction.   Or worse it could open up a whole host of issues that you did not count on. 

I hope someone can prove me wrong but i have learned to listen to my gut feelings on these things.

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 6 '13
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Aug 6 '13
You might be right
ross Team
ross Aug 6 '13
Dave +1 :)