We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

The "How to pay with Paypal" thread. (you don't need an account) | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Aug 2 '13
Send money to a paypal user using just a credit or debit card

Its really just that easy. Contact the seller and ask for his paypal email address. Type in his email and yours, select amount, enter your card information. Done! 

I hope this helps some of our future plugin buyers that cannot get a paypal account. ;) 

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Aug 4 '13
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 4 '13
Be sure to check out http://www.paypalwarning.com ;

Regards,

Steve

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Aug 4 '13
Or you can just follow the rules of paypal and then you wont have any issues. Here is daves quote from the last time.
daveMay 12

You never have to set up a paypal account, they give you the option on that page to use a credit card instead of opening an account.

I know some people have issues with paypal just as they do with other companys.  But that website you posted says they have 100,000 complaints on file.  Well paypal has 110 million accounts according to current stats so thats about .09 percent of its total customers.  Which falls into the normal to less than normal range worldwide for any company.

I have had paypal for over 5 years and have never had one single issue with them.   I also think that website you posted uses unethical methods to get business.  Its one thing to have a website to let people post their complaints, its quite another to use that website to bolster or use that as a foundation as a sales pitch for another company.   I guess maybe they are not smart enough to get business on their own they have to use methods like that to attract business... Sad Sad Sad...

The Forum post is edited by dave May 12  

Stop using this website to go around and bash everything. Contribute something positive for a change. 

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Aug 4 '13
Oxwall Accessories
like the previous statement said. less than 1% of customers are unhappy. If paypal was on trial 1% wouldn't be enough for conviction. very defensible. 
Oxwall Accessories
IMO people with paypal look for services that accept paypal. I have personally had money on paypal and been hungry and searched google for an hour looking to buy pizza with my paypal balance. Silly I know, but when people search that hard to find a place that takes your money service then you know you have a good service. ;) I also only use online services that accept paypal. 90% of my spending is done through paypal or using my paypal debit card. I'm with Larry on this one big time. This thread wasn't meant to praise or discredit paypal though. This was just some information to all the users who have credit cards or debit cards or even prepaid cards that want plugins. It is possible with this link and the developers email address.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 4 '13
Real merchants accept real credit cards.

Oxwall Accessories
So then you agree that paypal is a real merchant. that's wonderful Steve glad your on the same page.
bobbi
bobbi Aug 4 '13
your link is not much use it says sorry your action could not be completed,
Oxwall Accessories
Quote from bobbi your link is not much use it says sorry your action could not be completed,
sorry i fixed the link

Josh
Josh Aug 31 '13
Great, thanks OXAcc
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Sep 1 '13
No problem buddy. We are here to help. 
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Sep 2 '13
This is for all the users without an account. They are always asking how to pay for items without an account and I thought it would be helpful to let them know they don't need one. 
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thats a good point. But there are restriction based on countries. Users from some countries are not allowed even to pay using debit/card to paypal.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Nov 30 '13
I KNOW how I PERSONALLY have been harassed and cheated by both ebay and paypal.  I will admit that it has some usefulness but if it was what I was counting on for revenue in business, I would be afraid, very afraid.

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Dec 1 '13

Quote from FoxTechs Also, what I was trying to get past is that posting that paypalwarning.com thing everywhere will make newcomers NOT want to try PayPal just because of the experience of some other people who didn't go through the agreements correctly.

~Jake

That is some pretty ignorant stuff there.   A LOT of people have been cheated by ebay and paypal who did nothing wrong.  
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Even I had bad experiences with PayPal in the couple of months.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
The point here is.. Even I loose money but not for my mistake.. got my point?