We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Adding Steam Powered Button, | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Aug 4 '13
Steam button

The link above will show you, is anyone good at adding buttons took me awhile to get google and facebook on there with trial and error. Steam's button is a bit more complicated to me since it does not come with an oxwall app.

Can anyone help with this I have a social group based around having fun and gaming.

Cimmarian

Daisy Team
Daisy Aug 8 '13
Where and how exactly are you trying to implement this button? Kenneth, the more details of the problem you provide - the more effective my help will be.
Kenneth
Kenneth Aug 9 '13
Quote from Daisy Where and how exactly are you trying to implement this button? Kenneth, the more details of the problem you provide - the more effective my help will be.

Trust me, completely new and I probably can't do this without some sort of connect plugin.

Basically my social network came from steam the DRM retail network by Valve.

Many sites have connected a "steam" button to their sites so people can join just like with a facebook, twitter or google+ sign in button.

Kenneth
Kenneth Aug 9 '13
an example would be www.steamgifts.com they have a steam sign in button.
Daisy Team
Daisy Aug 16 '13
Thank you for the explanation, now I got your point. I suggest that you develop your own plugin using the Facebook connect plugin as an example, here you can find all necessary information about how Oxwall handle the information from the third-party site and how to authenticate users using third-party information.