We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

CUT AND PASTE PROBLEM IN FORUM | Forum

Joseph Simon
Joseph Simon Aug 6 '13

I recently found why my forum was dead ....when i tried to cut and paste something into the forum the pages scrolls up AND no passage is pasted into it and and i cant click into the post body section too.
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Simon Aug 6 '13
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '13

Lets try something here, the input field is not filled until you actually perform one of two things.  Either type something in the field OR hit enter at the end of the cut and paste.  So cut and paste some text an then at the end of that text press enter.  The save it and it should save the text.

Let us know thanks.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 6 '13
Saif
Saif Aug 6 '13
There is problem with copy paste ..

Your passage will appear after a while .

If you paste from somewhere else you should select " Paste as plain text " .. most common error with copy past i get is it says " Please fill the form properly" at that time I just delete last word of para and writ it again and it works.

dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '13
Saif,  That is because copy and paste does not load the input field, only pressing enter or text will do that.   If you copy and paste you must press enter at the end or enter some kind of text from the keyboard.
The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 6 '13
Abbey
Abbey Aug 6 '13
I have this problem on Opera, I have to use ctrl+V to paste anything I've copied.
Alia Team
Alia Aug 7 '13
Jospeh, which browser are you using?
Are you trying on PC or mobile device?
Alia Team
Alia Aug 7 '13
Abbey, we don't support Opera. ((

List of supported browsers here: http://docs.oxwall.org/overview:supported_browsers
Saif
Saif Aug 7 '13
Thans Dave , But why it is with oxwall only ? As a webmaster we can understand it but user see it as an error , any way to fix this ?
dave Leader
dave Aug 7 '13

It could have something to do with the way they sanitize the field im not sure exactly what causes this either.  I have had this happen as well on other scripts so its not so unusual.

If i had to take a stab in the dark i would say they might be checking the value with JS but not on the php side, as php will execute before JS.   But that is a real stab in the dark.

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 7 '13
Joseph Simon
Joseph Simon Aug 7 '13

Quote from Aliia Jospeh, which browser are you using?
Are you trying on PC or mobile device?
i  tried on Mozilla and Google chrome ..all the latest versions ..I Logged in through a pc
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Simon Aug 7 '13
Alia Team
Alia Aug 7 '13
Any chance you can provide your site URL ( here or via PM)?

Would also be great to have the content you tried to paste ( just in case).
Alia Team
Alia Aug 7 '13
Can't reproduce the issue on my end on your site.
Text gets pasted without problems.