We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Recapture String has disappeared again. | Forum

Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Aug 6 '13
The last time this problem happened, I had to re-upload the entire scripts to over write the existing ones on the server. When I did that the recapture did appear correctly.
 This time I just need the only part of the Oxwall scripts that has the recapture and upload. I don't want to over write the entire scripts. Can someone assist to late this part?

How can we even solve this issue and never happen again?
ross Team
ross Aug 6 '13
Kumi, 

Can you please, specify? What do you mean by recapture string? When did it disappear?

Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Aug 7 '13
I mean the validation. Where you must enter characters to show you are human. During registration to be a member of the site, and using the contact us page. If you want to send a message to admin you must validate to prove being human. I also sometimes must enter the validation code if I send multiple private messages to users.

I saw the validation/recapture codes have disappeared today when I tried to send a message to myself (test) using the contact us form.
ross Team
ross Aug 7 '13
Do you use default captcha or some other third-party one? if third-party, contact plugin developer directly to solve the issue. 

Also, have you done any modifications or customization related with captcha? Does refreshing helps for the captcha to appear again?

ross Team
ross Aug 7 '13
If is default capture, please check the error logs for any errors or messages or use firebug and load any page with captcha to look for errors 
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Aug 7 '13
Its the default Capture. I just discovered it happens to me (admin) alone. I created a standard account to test. It worked fine.
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Aug 11 '13
In that case what should I do? I had the same problem before, but after update to version 1.5.3, the capture appeared.
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Aug 11 '13
Since this only affect admin's account, I will wait for the update and see what happens.