We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Software Oxwall | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Francisco Guerreiro
This software and bullshit! My members of my site very rarely return!! And do not come back for several reasons!! First Error Members when they do not remember the password to never receive them imail password! second Error Notifications of friends gifts or messages they receive nothing!I have everything set up in cron and continues in the same!Sure many here have all these problems...
Francisco Guerreiro
Yet realized because the members only receive notifications past two days and often never been to anything notifications because?
Francisco Guerreiro
And so for these reasons that mensionei above my site is finished
Abbey
Abbey Aug 7 '13
I too had issues with email after updating to 5.3, I found the issue to be a 3rd party plugin.
To bee 100% sure about your cron you should ask your hosting company, only they can give you the correct cron path.
As with all new sites it takes time to build a userbase, get known on the web etc, many people will never come back after joining, this is no reflection on the software but what they are looking for in a site, many want an active site with lots of people on at a time, these people will not return if your site is new, others have more staying power, they are willing to take the time to message people, wait for replies and get active in your community.
I think your rant is not justified, nothings a hit the moment it goes online, it take time and patience to get a site going as well as commitment.
If the software wasn't working correctly there are many people here willing to help you get things going right, even your hosting support would help you.
There's 100's if not more oxwall powered sites running just fine, maybe the problem isn't the script but the person trying to use it.
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Aug 7 '13
I too have had problems. But I have found most of them to be my own errors, and server problems. Oxwall's script is a good sound platform. 
ross Team
ross Aug 7 '13
Abbey, Markie +1. Notifications don't work due to misconfiguration of cron jobs, notification settings or 3rd party plugin affect. Francisco make sure everything is set up properly. As Abbey said, this forum is intended to help you to get rid of such problems while running your Oxwall powered website. Just ask for the assistance and we will help you. 
Francisco Guerreiro
Thank you all I will see if I can find the problem of mails
ross Team
ross Aug 8 '13
No problem, sir
Abbey
Abbey Aug 9 '13
what I did was deactivate my developer plugins one by one til I found the culprit
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Aug 9 '13
hey guys I too was having the same problem, I was not receiving activity notification emails, I spoke to Paul Cuffe who is a genius as he manage to fix it, please click on link for further info http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11294 , thanks to Paul for the first since I upgraded to Oxwall 1,5,3 my notifications are coming through now, Paul Cuffe deserves a medal, I am very surprised that Oxwwall did not pick up on this! 
Francisco Guerreiro
Francisco Guerreiro Aug 10 '13
As he made the notifications settings?
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Aug 10 '13
I would speak to Paul about this Francisco, I am sure he will be more than happy to explain it to you!
Francisco Guerreiro
Francisco Guerreiro Aug 10 '13
who and paul?
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Aug 10 '13
Paul who wrote on the link that I sent you
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Aug 10 '13
Paul Cuffe that is
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Aug 10 '13
Paul Cuffe is a great guy. He'll help you out as much as he can.
bobbi
bobbi Aug 10 '13

Quote from MarkieMark67 Paul Cuffe is a great guy. He'll help you out as much as he can.

i will second that he saved my website when a ex admin destroyed it from the server,  i only have praise for him
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Aug 10 '13
It is so nice to hear that there are people on here that really appreciate Paul's help, I have been with Oxwall for nearly 2 years and Paul has helped me a number of times and saved my website on many occasions and he as never asked for a single dollar,By way of my appreciation I am going to make a small donation to his website www.paganfriends.co.uk and I suggest that anyone who Paul as helped in the past should do the same, after all he does not have to help anyone!
bobbi
bobbi Aug 10 '13
already gave him a payment stan, at the time when he saved my site :)
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Aug 10 '13
Nice one bobbi and I am sure that Paul would of appreciated it as well :)
Pages: 1 2 »