We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Software Oxwall | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Francisco Guerreiro
Francisco Guerreiro Aug 10 '13
What is the name of the site of Paul?
Francisco Guerreiro
My members do not receive the email notifications and they think they have no new messages or friends present and something else, why not return to the site-This and frustrating!
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Aug 10 '13
Paul's website is www.paganfriends.co.uk
Francisco Guerreiro
Ok I opened the page of my site www ...... in email notifications but this page appears for all users? see photo
Attachments:
  ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 10 22.39.jpg (53.7Kb)
Francisco Guerreiro
I have checked all the boxes and yet the members do not receive notifications. strange
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Aug 10 '13
Francisco you need to speak to Paul, he will guide you through it as he did it for me!
Francisco Guerreiro
ok thanks
Abbey
Abbey Aug 10 '13

Quote from Stan Thompson hey guys I too was having the same problem, I was not receiving activity notification emails, I spoke to Paul Cuffe who is a genius as he manage to fix it, please click on link for further info http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11294 , thanks to Paul for the first since I upgraded to Oxwall 1,5,3 my notifications are coming through now, Paul Cuffe deserves a medal, I am very surprised that Oxwwall did not pick up on this! 

The issue with my email notifications was an external developer plugin, I removed the plugin and voila all fixed.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Aug 10 '13
I am happy you got it sorted out but I think it was more than a plugin causing this problem even Paul was experiencing the same problem but he managed to fix it with out having to remove any plugins at all.
Abbey
Abbey Aug 10 '13
Yeah well if I needed the plugin I would have tried to fix the issue but as I didn't I just removed the plugin.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Aug 11 '13
Hi Abbey, I reported this issue to Oxwall a while ago but heard nothing back, I had this problem since I updated to 1.5.3, so I spoke to Paul Cuffe about it and he was having the same problem, so he looked into it and managed to fix it, but I am sure it was not because of one of the plugins, it was something to do with the data not been correct!
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Aug 11 '13
I know that sometimes third party plugins can conflict with the running of your website, as me my self have had my fair share of problems, sometimes it makes me feel like I do not want to buy any more third party plugins again because of this reason!
Bakolo
Bakolo Aug 17 '23
Hello everyone, you can create your digital product and start selling it on your e-commerce site. To accept online payments, you will need a payment system. Visit https://payadmit.com/features/sell-digital-products/ to find out about a reliable payment system for the convenient sale of digital products.
Pages: « 1 2