We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Softaculous - Quick installation | Forum

Jordan Shaw
Jordan Shaw May 23 '11
Hello,

I don't know if you know this already but I am just posting here to say that cPanel with softaculous easy script installer now includes Oxwall as an easy installer. This should be on every cPanel hosted website with softaculous.

I have just noticed it so I just thought I'd let you know. :)

-Jordan
Den Team
Den May 24 '11
Yes, this news was already posted on blog here http://blog.oxwall.org/2011/03/oxwall-now-in-softaculous :)
Jordan Shaw
Jordan Shaw May 24 '11
:)
Julio Marchi
Julio Marchi Jun 24 '11
However, somehow it is buggy. Some plugins must be uninstalled and re-installed after a Softaculous fresh installation otherwise many functions will fail.

Someone from OxWall team should try it, review the immediate issues and then contact the Softaculous team with a report so they can push an installation update, otherwise many unadvised (new) users will encounter errors in OxWall and will erroneously blame on the software instead of the installer.

Just my two cents!
The Forum post is edited by Julio Marchi Jun 24 '11
Mark
Mark Jun 25 '11
when i used softaculous to install oxwall i noticed it skips the requirements page and just installs it anyway, after i re-installed it manually oxwall told me that i needed to disable register_globals, after that was disabled it all worked fine
Julio Marchi
Julio Marchi Jun 25 '11
Good to know it...

However, I am not sure if all the problems are related to register_globals, as by my tests the installation made thought the Softaculous presented malfunction on several plugins, which was solved simply uninstalling and re-installing them from the Admin interface.

Nevertheless, I'll send an e-mail to the Softaculous team and maybe they can review it and push an update.

Great job Mark!
Mark
Mark Jun 25 '11
doing the uninstal/re-install plugin may have fixed it (i never tried that TBH) all i know is when i tried re-installing the non-lazy way the script would not install as my host had register globals on

i also noticed that on the softaculous install page it does not even mention requirements
Attachments:
  soft.png (99.19Kb)
Emil Team
Emil Jun 29 '11
Softaculous staff is not very helpful. They installed broken demo (and didn't install any plugins) and refused our offer to make proper demo like demo.oxwall.org. Also I heard some complaints about the package they keep for installation.

Well, if they don't want to talk to us maybe they will listen to users. Go ahead and report them any problems you have.
Ashok Leader
Ashok Jul 7 '11
Emil ,

Sorry ! I disagree with you

Despite of having small team. Softaculous staff help and respond in timely manner. I do contact them regularly regarding bugs, sales and technical issues( I use two of their products On Dedicated servers ) . Every time , they reply me in a polite manner with final resolution

Lately , I do see delay in response times. May be they are busy with their other services (They run other services like Webuzo ,virtualizor ) ? I can understand your concern and hope Alons would take care of them . I will drop a mail to him

Anyhow ,Alons Gupta is always there to help. Hope they will look into your request
The Forum post is edited by Ashok Jul 7 '11
Pulkit
Pulkit Oct 20 '11
Hi,

We recieved a bug report from the OxWall team and I guess, we had fixed that on the same day itself.
Even though we are Developing Softaculous, AMPPS, Aefer, Virtualizor, Webuzo we have a dedicated team for all scripts.
We don't want our software to be buggy in anyway.

About the demo, we have to have a control over there as that is viewed by users of many different web hosts. Hence we had to deny your offer to use demo.oxwall.org
Also @emil we were quick in replying to your, at the most with a day in delay.

I know this topic is old. But we found it today and we felt we should reply.

Regards,
Softaculous Team
Emil Team
Emil Oct 21 '11
Pulkit,

That is nice to hear. Earlier we had problems with your demo but recently they all were resolved. Thanks for paying attention.

Emil