We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed Has Disappeared | Forum

Rick K
Rick K Aug 9 '13
Our site http://americanpatriotleague.com was working until this morning. As of 0730 (Eastern) the Newsfeed has disappeared from the main page and all postings over the last several months are gone. When I am in Admin I Newsfeed is there as an existing plugin but it will not "deactivate" and move to the bottom of the Plug-Ins page. Nor is there an option to or "reactivate."

Host did a restore of the public_html/oxwall files but that did not work.

We are concerned with losing all of our members' postings and that no one can post anything at this time.

1. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
2. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Attachments:
  123.png (852.37Kb)
dave Leader
dave Aug 11 '13

This issue was a hosting problem as they seem to have corrupted his db. I have spoke to him personally and he is back up and running after a very long day of dealing with those idiots.  Not happy about losing his members (32), they made the excuse that the db was hacked, i doubt that very much. 

I am working with him to get those members back for him since we cant use the whole db as they said it was corrupted and has a virus. (i dont believe that one either, they made excuse IMO, but ill go with it)

And they told him it would be 10 days to get a auth code to move to a new host.. LOL everyone who knows better laugh with me now on that one. They are a joke host IMO. 

Anyway Rick, again sorry for your loss i do have that file ready for you when your ready, i just need the text i sent you back. 

Can we make this as resolved since we spoke privately about this?

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 11 '13
Rick K
Rick K Aug 11 '13
Dave, absolutely make this resolved. Because it is....the fix is happening in more ways than one!...lol
dave Leader
dave Aug 11 '13

Paul thanks for that, that will be up to Rick you can sent him a PM if you want :).   I got the user table from him and extracted the emails into an array and i made him a quicky php email batch process to get emails out to those members to apologize and try to get them back.

I am shooting that file over to him shortly to have him run it on his side.

dave Leader
dave Aug 11 '13
cool