We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Menu buttons, drop down menu | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Aug 9 '13
I am really new to editing code and just learning HTML 5 and CSS3.

I am curious can I create drop down menus for buttons to clean up multiple menu options.

So for example www.cimmarian.com/social/mlg

I wouldn't mind adding all their live game feeds to my social network for members to watch but unfortunately I am not sure how to create drop down menus so when they put their cursor over "MLG" it'll bring a drop down menu which says "COD", "MLG", "LoL" "Black ops" etc etc. which will allow them to pick the game they wish to watch.

This would come in handy for future use of my social network.

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Aug 12 '13
this will take a lot of code modification consult a oxwall developer for this also have you configured your fb api as i tried signing in your site via facebook and nothing happened 
Kenneth
Kenneth Aug 15 '13
Quote from Kieron (thestatusfeed.com) this will take a lot of code modification consult a oxwall developer for this also have you configured your fb api as i tried signing in your site via facebook and nothing happened 

Not sure what you mean, I used it and it worked fine. I had another use the facebook button it also worked. This might have been an error on Facebook's end
Daisy Team
Daisy Aug 16 '13
Kenneth, the Main menu has been designed as one line menu and unfortunately,  it will require a complicated custom code modification to make it work the way you need.

Here are several ways:

1. You can modify the /ow_system_plugins/base/views/components/menu.html or create your own dropdown menu.

2. Some developers create a custom menu using CSS, I suggest that you search for the solution, most probably someone on this forum has already done this modification.

3. Since this page is a custom page, you can add a Tab menu to this page like on Members page by adding the HTML code to this page.