We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Extend years - Events | Forum

dave Leader
dave Aug 10 '13

This only goes to 2018, we need to have it go at least 8-10 years in advance as there are some national and international events that if you dont book years in advance you cant get in.

Can we take this to at least 2023 and add those years?  Thanks.

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 10 '13
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 17 '13
Dave, if you still need this:

ow_plugins/event/controllers/base.php

1.  $startDate = new DateField('start_date');
        $startDate->setMinYear($currentYear);
        $startDate->setMaxYear($currentYear +5);
        $startDate->setRequired();

2.     $endDate = new DateField('end_date');
        $endDate->setMinYear($currentYear);
        $endDate->setMaxYear($currentYear +5);

Just change 5 to the needed amount of years to be added to the current year.
dave Leader
dave Oct 17 '13

Thanks thats great :) 

dave Leader
dave Oct 17 '13

well i would like to say that worked, but it did not, i changed it to 8 and nothing, even refreshed cache and still nothing but i should not have refresh cache with php i just did so to make sure. 

So i thought maybe its there but the drop down is not long enough to show it css wise, nope its not there in source either.  Ill keep looking...   funny thing is that i did a search with agent ransack and that has to be it, there is no other place that i can find. 

I will try to figure out why its not changing on the form..  im thinking maybe there is some css maybe overflow hidden or something on that field input maybe...

i tried several things with that, even hard coded to test, even put 3 rather than 5 and no change at all.  Can you please attempt the change as a test on your side and advise. 

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 17 '13
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 23 '13
ow_plugins/event/controllers/base.php

Dave, tested. Works. Which theme are you using?

dave Leader
dave Oct 23 '13
yep thats what i changed.... im using macabre
dave Leader
dave Oct 23 '13

could be that im running this http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/374

yeah im thinking this is it, no wonder it didnt change i was thinking this whole time that the form was the core form, but no he has his own form in the plugin..

my sincere apologies... i will think better next time and look closer... live and learn

fixed... same setup in the plugin as you showed, just changed and whallaaa...

well maybe this will help someone not make the same mistake as i did..  the code for the plugin is near the bottom of the plugins  controllers/base.php

thanks for your replies...

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 23 '13
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Oct 23 '13
Thanks for sharing Dave.

You do not have permission to reply this topic