We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Profile questions still there after removed [Solved] | Forum

Levente
Levente Aug 11 '13
Hello folks, i have a problem, i removed a few profile question but on the signup its still there.

Could please someone give me a hint on this?
The Forum post is edited by Alia Aug 12 '13
Attachments:
  signup.png (11.47Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Aug 12 '13
Levente, enable DEV mode in config.php.
Then refresh your site several times.
This will clear your site's cache and registration page will get back to normal.
Levente
Levente Aug 12 '13
Ah thanks, its fine now :)
Levente
Levente Aug 12 '13
Okay it was fine for one second, dev mode enabled and its still there, refreshed like 50 times and still nothing, cleared the cache still there, any other help?
Alia Team
Alia Aug 12 '13
Levente, can I have your site URL?
Levente
Levente Aug 12 '13
I am running it localy
Alia Team
Alia Aug 12 '13
Levente, сan you send a screenshot of your config.php settings ( lines toward the end that show that dev mode is enabled).
Alia Team
Alia Aug 12 '13
Also can you try opening your registration in different browsers?
Try cleaning browser's cache as well.
Levente
Levente Aug 12 '13
Odd, in firefox show up like on the image what i attached, in chrome the form looks fine but the newly added labels and inputs are all invisible labels and values
Levente
Levente Aug 12 '13
completly cluless now, now the errors gone in firefox too but all form field are visible
Alia Team
Alia Aug 12 '13
Levente,

Are you sure that you enabled DEV mode in correct place? ( like in the last screen shot here: http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug). Or you did this where it says [ if (defined ('OW_CRON)) ?

Can you send screen shot of what you currently have in different browsers?

Sorry for so many questions, but troubleshooting issues on software installed locally is always troublesome.
Levente
Levente Aug 13 '13
Yes i know and no problem, yes DEV mode is enabled, checked firefox and chrome console error log no errors, enabled debug too, even checked server log no error reports there either.

The form look okay now in both browsers but the added questions are invisible, but it wors fine on the profile edit page, i ran my eyes over the code dont really see anything strange yet, maybe i will find something
The Forum post is edited by Levente Aug 13 '13
Attachments:
  firefox.png (8.84Kb)
  chrome.png (15.11Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Aug 13 '13
Levente, everything is well.
Just click "continue". Your questions will appear on the second page of your registration form.

Alia Team
Alia Aug 13 '13
This happens when you have more then 1 account type.
Profile questions can be assigned to different account types. And if you have more then one, system divides registration into 2 steps. 1 step- basic fields that apply to ALL account types, 2 step- profile questions assigned only to the certain account type.

Hope that this helps.

Alia Team
Alia Aug 13 '13
Also make sure that:

1. You are testing with the right account type ( if you have assigned your questions to "Standard", make sure to check registration form for this account type).

2. Make sure that you are looking in the right section ( if you have assigned your question to "Basic" section, look in basic section)

3. Make sure that "on sign up" is checked.

Levente
Levente Aug 13 '13
Now i feel really dumb a bit not checking that, so sorry for taking your time and for holding you up, i owe you a drink, thank you for spending time on my stupid question :)
Alia Team
Alia Aug 13 '13
Levente, no problems.

Cheers  =)