We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

In what folder is main page? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Anonim Anonimov
Anonim Anonimov Aug 12 '13
I want to add Google Analytics code in main page. In what directory is main page?
ross Team
ross Aug 12 '13
Do you mean on your server?
Anonim Anonimov
Anonim Anonimov Aug 13 '13
Yes. I am interested in html-file for main page. I thought that it is html_document.html. I added code in this file but file didn't change.
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 13 '13
Quote from Anonim Anonimov I want to add Google Analytics code in main page. In what directory is main page?

I suggest you go to your admin dashboard ==> page settings and paste the code in the custom head section.
Anonim Anonimov
Quote from Ebenezer Obasi (De Gurusmaker)
Quote from Anonim Anonimov I want to add Google Analytics code in main page. In what directory is main page?

I suggest you go to your admin dashboard ==> page settings and paste the code in the custom head section.
Yes, I did it using page settings. But code go before tag <style> and I want to place code before </head>. Therefore I want to know where is html-file because plan to add elements in certain places.

dave Leader
dave Aug 13 '13
why not just use the free goolgle analytics plugin?    How many threads are you going to have with this same topic, i count 2 so far.
The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 13 '13
Anonim Anonimov
Quote from dave why not just use the free goolgle analytics plugin?

Can this plugin help me to add code before </head>? I don't need in this plugin. Topic is not just about Google Analytics. It is only example. Ok, another example - I want to delete PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 TRANSITIONAL//EN" "... and to have only <!DOCTYPE html>. Therefore I ask about html-file for main page. Why can't you answer the question? Is it secret? 
The Forum post is edited by Anonim Anonimov Aug 13 '13
dave Leader
dave Aug 13 '13

No its not a secret but if you go messing with the core files you are going to mess up your website and then youll be back here again saying "please help me my site dont work".  That is why we are all trying to get you to use the methods that are in place instead of doing your own thing.  Removing or modifying the doc type has nothing to do with google.

The fact that you cant fnd it tells us you are not a programmer and so you should not be messing with core files unless you know what your doing, and obviously you dont.  You are not the only one that uses google analytics, and yet we have told you how to add the the code using the settings as well as the plugin and that is not good enough.  So either you have something else in mind or your not understanding for which you should probably be posting your message in the international section and not here. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 13 '13
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 14 '13

Quote from Anonim Anonimov

Can this plugin help me to add code before </head>? I don't need in this plugin. Topic is not just about Google Analytics. It is only example. Ok, another example - I want to delete PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 TRANSITIONAL//EN" "... and to have only <!DOCTYPE html>. Therefore I ask about html-file for main page. Why can't you answer the question? Is it secret? 
I think I now know where you are coming from. Pls give me some sec. to put a few things together.
Anonim Anonimov
Anonim Anonimov Aug 14 '13
Quote from Ebenezer Obasi (De Gurusmaker)
Quote from Anonim Anonimov

I think I now know where you are coming from. Pls give me some sec. to put a few things together.

Sorry, I didnt understand what you meant
ross Team
ross Aug 14 '13
Anonim, 

Can you please specify, what exactly you're trying to achieve?

Anonim Anonimov
Anonim Anonimov Aug 15 '13
Quote from ross Anonim, 

Can you please specify, what exactly you're trying to achieve?

I wanted to edit main page using html code. But if developers don't recommend it, I will do it using only admin and plugins. Topic is can be closed.

ross Team
ross Aug 15 '13
Yes, as all changes will be overwritten while updating.