We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to install Oxwall on a test server, not in the root.[Answered] | Forum

KB
KB Aug 14 '13
I have access to a test server currently running elgg, and we're looking at potentially making the switch to Oxwall. I was hoping to install it under testservice.com/oxwall , but I not sure how to approach it. I've set up the installation files under /var/www/oxwall , but I can't access the install page. Any suggestions?
The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 24 '13
ross Team
ross Aug 14 '13
Did you try the path www.domain.com/oxwall/install? Do you get any kind of errors or messages?
KB
KB Aug 15 '13

Quote from ross Did you try the path www.domain.com/oxwall/install? Do you get any kind of errors or messages?

Yes, and I keep getting Error 403: Forbidden, even after running "chmod 777 ./*" in /var/www/oxwall (I have reverted it for security).

Ah, .htaccess stated "deny from all.

Now I get a different error: Fatal error: Class 'OW' not found in /var/www/oxwall/install.php on line 32

The Forum post is edited by KB Aug 15 '13
ross Team
ross Aug 15 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
ross Team
ross Aug 16 '13
KB, 

Please, check your config.php file in the ow_includes folder: 

define('OW_URL_HOME', 'http://www.domain.com/subdomain/'); - it should look like this

Pete
Pete Sep 9 '13
just install it onto a sub domain
ross Team
ross Sep 12 '13
KB, has the problem been resolved?
KB
KB Sep 26 '13

Quote from ross KB, has the problem been resolved?

I put the project on hold for a few weeks, sorry for disappearing. It turned out that I somehow managed to extract all the files from the zip into my ./oxwall/ dir without preserving the dir structure. So I fixed that issue, but I now have another one:

The installation page looks like http://www.mediafire.com/view/dm2jnbmu4jb6s2n/cx.png

and it always "failed to connect" after finishing step 1. :/

ross Team
ross Sep 30 '13
try to set the permissions 755 to the index.php file . get back to us if that won't help. Also, where is your software installed? make sure the root directory and url are correct.