We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Powered by... | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jordan Shaw
Jordan Shaw May 25 '11
Hello.

I have read the other post where someone has asked about removing the "Powered by.." button at the bottom of the screen.

Reading the few posts, it would seem to me that what Emil said was that it's there to promote Oxwall as a free source of software for anyone to use and manipulate to their abilities.

BUT does that mean you CAN remove the branding image from footer, but you MUST replace it with some kind of advertisement to Oxwall, promoting the software. This could be such that they edit that image out, and replace it with a short-link to Oxwall, create a page about Oxwall on their website and make it clear of the page or some other advertising the Oxwall software e.g make a separate page, and link it in a spot where everybody can see it.

I'm just wondering because it wasn't that clear and I didn't want to 'bump' the other thread because what I've said is still technically advertising Oxwall as a software. I don't know if it would be violating the terms though.

In my opinion, I think than any branding leading back to Oxwall is perfectly fine and reasonable according to Emil's reply from that post.

I have no intentions whatsoever about removing the branding, but it might be annoying for some people whom want to make it look like they've created this amazing social network with no branded image on the footer of their website, but they must have a page created with links to Oxwall and it must be clear from somewhere on their website where that page is.

Thank you,
- Jordan
Emil Team
Emil May 26 '11
Jordan,

The very reason for using CPAL license for us was definitely helping spread the word about Oxwall software. But I believe I didn't sound like the method is not important.

We think it is not OK to replace the footer reference with a separate "advertisement" page or any other types of substitution. We can't approve all possible individual implementations and it probably doesn't take much to comply with the original requirement.

Some people seem not to like that particular orange image. In the nearest future we will provide some color variations for it so it can perfectly fit almost any theme. We thought it should be unobtrusive but easily recognizable and standardized. Speaking generally, it shouldn't be an eyesore for users but should be easily found when necessary.

I didn't realize this aspect was left unclear. Hope I answered your question. Thanks for bringing everyone's attention to it.
Jordan Shaw
Jordan Shaw May 26 '11
Emil,

I understand when people find it a little in the way at the bottom of the screen on their social networking website because some people may wish to fully make it their own social network but I fully agree with you.

It's not that much of a bother, really. Seeing as you're getting an amazing product for absolutely nothing. It's personal, you can customise it to how the networking administrator see's fit to set it and it's a really great, powerful software available for nothing. It doesn't get in the way, and it's the only advertisement on the website anyway, so it's really nothing to make fusses about.

I mean, you're opening it to be available to everyone, and in turn all you have for a track-back to the website is that orange button which isn't big, it isn't huge. It's at the bottom of the site. I am completely with you when you wish for it to be left there.

All it was to point out was that you said in the other post that there should be a track back to Oxwall to attain more custom, I just wanted to expand it a little for the users that did have in their minds to remove it and place it somewhere else.

You deserve the world to be at your feet. You're an amazing bunch of people.
REHMAN
REHMAN Apr 15
The customer support team at vn88 is always friendly and helpful. vn88
REHMAN
REHMAN 14 hours ago
V8 Poker is a term that doesn't seem to have a widely recognized meaning in the context of poker as of my last update. It could be a specific variant of the game, a poker room or website, or perhaps a reference to something else entirely. Could you provide more context or clarify what you're looking for regarding V8 Poker? https://v8gamebai.com