We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Notification in Emails | Forum

Ricky
Ricky Aug 16 '13
please if a user get a notification. it does not sent an email message to the users account. how can i enable that
dave Leader
dave Aug 16 '13

If you have the privacy plugin then the user has control over that in their preferences. Also make sure they check their junk mail, they may be getting the email but dont know it.

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 16 '13
Ricky
Ricky Aug 17 '13
its not in their junk massages. i tried using a test user to interrupt with my admin user but no message is sent
Ricky
Ricky Aug 17 '13
should i pm u with my user name and password
ross Team
ross Aug 27 '13
Ricky, has the problem been resolved?
dave Leader
dave Aug 27 '13
Sorry ricky things have been upside down and i forgot all about this.. So sorry... i dont like signing into peoples accounts sorry.. But please accept my deepest apology for not replying, this one fell thru the cracks, but it was not intentional.
Ricky
Ricky Aug 31 '13
pease i really need help in my mail notification, please
ross Team
ross Sep 2 '13
Ricky are you sure that your 3rd party cron is set up correctly and work properly?
Ricky
Ricky Sep 2 '13
yes ross i always recieve a successful mail from my third party cron after every 12hrs. but still dont get any notifications in my mail
Ricky
Ricky Sep 2 '13
i got this just this morning

Cronless SUCCESSFULLY ran your job

Job Name: Campus Ghana
Run Time: 2013-09-02 11:52:50
HTTP Status Code: 200 OK

ross Team
ross Sep 2 '13
have you configured it properly? in My preferences section?
Ricky
Ricky Sep 2 '13
i just set my SMTP so I sent a mass mail to check if it working
ross Team
ross Sep 9 '13
Ricky, has the issue been resolved?
Ricky
Ricky Sep 9 '13
no i can send mails and it will go but no friends request notification emails and other notification mails including registers confirmation mail
ross Team
ross Sep 12 '13
You didn't answer my question. Have you checked your notification settings?
Ricky
Ricky Sep 14 '13
where can i find the notification settings
dave Leader
dave Sep 14 '13
If you have the privacy plugin, you go to the dashboard and there is a link for preferences  i would give you the direct link but my dns is down right now for everyone for mainteance and i cant pull anything up.
Ricky
Ricky Sep 14 '13

Quote from dave If you have the privacy plugin, you go to the dashboard and there is a link for preferences  i would give you the direct link but my dns is down right now for everyone for mainteance and i cant pull anything up.

ok am waiting
dave Leader
dave Sep 14 '13

here ya go..

http://www.yoursite.com/profile/preference

and then if you click the email notification tabs it takes you to

http://www.yoursite.com/email-notifications

The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 14 '13
Pages: 1 2 »