We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photos to forum page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
ann bramlette
ann bramlette Aug 16 '13
I am fairly new to oxwall and was wondering if there is a way for me to add a photo to my forum page?  I don't mean in the topic, but the forum as a whole.  I have searched and don't see a way to do this.  Please help!
dave Leader
dave Aug 16 '13
Do you want a background image or just a header image?
ross Team
ross Aug 19 '13
Can you please, provide us the screenshot of the place in the forum where you want to add an image?
ann bramlette
ann bramlette Aug 23 '13

Basically, I would like to be able to have a header like you can have in a group.  Here is the screenshot.

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 24 '13
Try working on /ow_plugins/forum/views/controllers/index.html

Example

1. Create a css and add it to your current theme base.css file

.forum_image {

background-image:url('http://www.nairatrain.com/...hments/attach_36.jpg');/** OW_Control type:image, section:2. Forum Settings, key:headerImage, label:Forum Header image **/

background-repeat:no-repeat;

width:800px;

height:200px;

font-size: 24px;

color:#fff;

}

Using the above css code will make it possible for you to change your forum header image right from your admin dashboard.

2. In /ow_plugins/forum/views/controllers/index.html find and replace

{if $isModerator}

<div class="ow_box ow_highbox ow_stdmargin ow_center">

{decorator name='button' langLabel='base+widgets_customize_btn' id='btn-customize-forum' class='ow_ic_gear_wheel'}

</div>

{/if}

With:

{if $isModerator}

<div class="ow_box ow_highbox ow_stdmargin ow_center">

{decorator name='button' langLabel='base+widgets_customize_btn' id='btn-customize-forum' class='ow_ic_gear_wheel'}

</div>

{/if}

<div class='forum_image'><h1>Welcome to our Forum</hi></div>

3. Save your change and clear your cache

Hope it works!

The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer Obasi Aug 24 '13
ross Team
ross Sep 2 '13
Ann has the problem been resolved with the Ebenezer Obasi (De Gurusmaker) solution?
ann bramlette
ann bramlette Jan 29 '14
I actually gave up after trying & decided to forego the whole thing.  Thanks anyway.
TimoViBritannia
TimoViBritannia Jan 30 '14
hello,

the image is not showing up on my forum. crazy
ross Team
ross Jan 30 '14
Timo, I just registered at your website and uploaded a photo in the forum post. Everything works fine. Please confirm. 
TimoViBritannia
TimoViBritannia Jan 30 '14
Hello,

Yes uploading in a Post work but not the Header image of the Forum which should be under "Willkommen in unserem Forum"

ross Team
ross Jan 30 '14
Seems like that you have an image

Screenshot attached: