We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Profile type question | Forum

Evgeny
Evgeny Aug 20 '13
  Hi all,

It is something I was considering before but never had the chance to do it but since I will be migrating my dating site to oxwall I was hoping to get an advice from someone.

I wanted to create different account types for males, females and couples. Do you think that this is a good idea or I stick to traditional method and just use separate field for this?

How this will reflect the search?

Any thoughts?

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Aug 20 '13

sorry evgeny I do not understand your question

Evgeny
Evgeny Aug 20 '13
;) reading it now it really makes no sense.

The question is multiple profile types depending on user gender or single profile having gender as required question.

For example:

Account type: Male, Female, Couple
or
Account type: Basic with profile question gender.
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Aug 20 '13
go to (yoursite.comadmin/questions/edit-account-type) make account types then when in profile question it has a drop down menu for changing the questions your editing for each account type is this what you mean evgeny 
Evgeny
Evgeny Aug 23 '13
Hey mate,

I just stumble upon issue with profile question - seems like there is a limit for profile question options in single select dropdown question type. The limit is 31.

Any idea why and how to change this?
dave Leader
dave Aug 23 '13
At this time there is no way see http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/379
Evgeny
Evgeny Aug 23 '13
Yeah,

Just saw it. That's bad news. I wanted to migrate so bad but will have to wait for fix.