We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Help: how to correctly post a service? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Tuan
Tuan Aug 25 '13
Hello OxWall,

Me and a web developer have successfully transfer vBulletin DB over to Oxwall forums. Although it's not completely identical since OxWall forum is very Basic. I've managed to import users, posts, forum, and the categories. (sub-forum not yet available, but they do all fall under it's categories)

Please let me know how to post this. This is more like a service since it requires the developers to transfer the db files manually. (hence, if your board DB file greater than 60MB, you could run into memory issues, etc)

We required that it's handled by us to make the transition from vBulletin to OxWall as smooth as possible.

Please let me know how I can provide this service for those out there who need to migrate from vBulletin to Oxwall. (so far script is working for vBulletin 3.x)

Thanks
Den Team
Den Aug 27 '13
Hello Tuan,

That's a good news. Unfortunately, Oxwall Store doesn't allow to publish services like yours. The only way to list it there is to make your script via Oxwall plugin. There are two ways of implementation: 

- it could connect to remote vBulletin database and convert data partially using a cron task; 

- admin should put an sql dump into a special folder. The plugin will parse it and put the data into tmp table and convert it to Oxwall forum format by cron, partially; 

You may list the plugin in Store for free or for a fee.

Tuan
Tuan Aug 28 '13
Thanks for letting me know :)