We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't Post HTML in Blog Post - Site CKEditor | Forum

Prisc Hatch
Prisc Hatch Aug 26 '13
I am able to post HTML to my site's main (index?) page and have it show as desired. I am unable to do the same thing with the same code in a blog post.

For whatever reason when I cut and paste the same code that shows correctly on my main page into a blog post, all I see is the raw code.

I have enabled the use of html and rich media in the user settings.  I also have CKeditor installed.

Please advise.

Alia Team
Alia Aug 26 '13
In cases when you use any WYSIWYG editor ( ex. blog posts), use "Insert HTML" button to add HTML.

Prisc Hatch
Prisc Hatch Aug 26 '13
Thank you Aliia!  But my editor does not have that button.  The closest thing I was able to find was a button that says "Source". 

I tried again this morning. 

If I paste the code without pressing the source button the raw code shows up. 

If I press the source button and paste the code the site will not allow me to publish the post.

Prisc Hatch
Prisc Hatch Aug 26 '13
Can someone please tell me why this keeps happening? If this is the case I will have to tear my site down. There is no use in me having a site if I can't post to it or even design it.

Alia Team
Alia Aug 26 '13
Prisc, CKeditor is not our plugin. If you get any questions regarding it in future it is better to contact plugin developers.

But, I have installed it  out of interest myself.
You are thinking right. "Source" is what you need to use.

1. Click "Source">>paste your html code.
2. Once you are done pasting click on "Source" again. This will convert your code and you should see the end result.
3. Only when you've  clicked on "Source" second time, you can go ahead and click "Post" and finish posting your blog.

Just make sure to click on "Source" again after adding your html.

Alia Team
Alia Aug 26 '13
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Raindi
Raindi Dec 22 '13
not works for blog posts. I have same problem when I am inserting html code it does not showing images and s.o
Dedi Galih
Dedi Galih Nov 22 '17
Nice post. I learn something more challenging on distinct blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content off their writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d choose to use some with all the content in my small weblog whether you do not mind. Natually I’ll provide a link on your own internet weblog. Many thanks sharing. 1. Jasa SEO 2. Google SEO 3. Pembuatan Website 4. Google Adwords 5. SEO 6. Website 7. Sewa Villa di Puncak 8. Villa di Puncak Jasa SEO Google Adwords Pembuatan Website
You do not have permission to reply this topic