We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

origin base.css | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ivan Saveliev
Ivan Saveliev Sep 2 '13
can't find where to change the color of the upper panel (where messages, notifications, profile) and the font color is just that at this panel. the font color of the name of the site which is on the left at the top of the site, and the color of active/allocated links. please write line numbers. tried to change there that according to the description in English if I understood correctly, but nothing on the website does not change.
dave Leader
dave Sep 3 '13
Ivan what is your site url please. ;)
Ivan Saveliev
Ivan Saveliev Sep 3 '13
Why do you need the url of the site? Now in development, address only local.

So hard to write the name of the parameter, and the line numbers that I need? 

dave Leader
dave Sep 3 '13
 I need the url because i use a different theme and  i dont want to install that theme to help you, so i want to look at your site to help you.  I also want to check to be sure that you are abiding by the license agreement.  The fact that you are so defensive tells me that you have something to hide. 
dave Leader
dave Sep 3 '13

Yes i got your email, it only makes you look more suspicious.  Tell me again why you are working on a site in the dark that is not even loaded on a server yet.  You are flying blind working on css on a site that is not even available to load in a browser. Sorry but that makes no sense.  When you get your site loaded, tell us the url and then we will be glad to assist you.

Learn to use the tools available to you like firefox developer tools, i was planning to help you do that.  Please provide me the url of the site.

The Forum post is edited by dave Sep 3 '13
dave Leader
dave Sep 3 '13
The best thing i can do is to just advise you to learn to use firefox developer tools.  It will show you what css does what.  Thats the best i can do sorry.
Ivan Saveliev
Ivan Saveliev Sep 3 '13
Tried now take your advice, and it turns out to be not so difficult to learn, create topics, thanks!
dave Leader
dave Sep 3 '13
your welcome