We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Suggestion | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Mark
Mark Sep 4 '13

The plugins and built in security for Oxwall is working very well. That being said a few spam bots do manage to get through here and there and I had a suggestion that would be a big big help.

I am attaching a photo to help describe what I am talking about if that helps. I would like to be able to open the profile of a spam user and along with the existing data I would like to have the IP address displayed. I could then manually add this into the anti-spammer or IP deny through Cpanel. Even a step better would be to add a clickable button into the profile that I can click and it will auto-add the spammers IP into the anti-spammer plugin. I think we can add the IP details into the existing MySQL database with some code like

/*  $tm=time();
$ref=@$HTTP_REFERER;
$agent=@$HTTP_USER_AGENT;
$ip=@$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
$strSQL = "INSERT INTO track(tm, ref, agent, ip, tracking_page_name) VALUES ('$tm','$ref','$agent','$ip','$tracking_page_name')";
$test=mysql_query($strSQL);  */

Any thoughts on this?

ross Team
ross Sep 5 '13
Please add your suggestion here: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall if it get enough voice we'll consider to use in one of the upcoming releases.