We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall Is NOT SECURE! ***ATTN: OXWALL MOD | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Sep 7 '13
I have been on the phone with paypal all day. I am sorry to the sellers of plugins but paypal may be removed from this site due to lack of security. 

I sold two plugins today and both sold for $0.01! thats funny because it should have been 44.99 and 19.99. Paypal can not take the money from this buyer or put money in my account because someone hacked the oxwall/paypal feature. They said that Oxwall will have to cover the damages and make sure this breech of security is taken care of. They also stated that this may in fact stop oxwall from being able to accept paypal payments if it is not taken care of. I am sorry guys. 64.97 is what is owed to me by Oxwall and if they pay it I will be the first to let paypal know. Also make sure you guys are checking the transaction amounts because whatever this guy did made it so he could have my plugins for $0.01 each!

Abbey
Abbey Sep 7 '13
Dunno what they did but I purchased a plug in n paid the right amount just now
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Sep 8 '13
You may wish to share your story at http://www.paypalwarning.com

Regards,

Steve

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Sep 8 '13
Often such a hack can be accomplished with a simple edit of the url  string if there are no safeguards or stuff.

I would hope that you could cancel the license for the bad person 

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Sep 8 '13
it was a flaw in the oxwal script that allowed them to reprice our items. That is why paypal is waiting to see if oxwall pays for the damages and fixes the script while they do their investigation. Let me know if the damages are covered for you OW Visuals. I personally have yet to hear from as admin however the person who did this to us was deleted within 2 hrs of the purchase. 
Pete
Pete Sep 9 '13
it just need the plugin editing so that the link is encrypted to paypall
Den Team
Den Sep 9 '13
Hello guys,

Thanks for reporting. There was a bug in Store end, which has been already fixed. 

Just remove licenses purchased illegally. Also would you PM me the profile's URL?

The Forum post is edited by Den Sep 9 '13
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Sep 9 '13
Big Blow to Oxwall. The Non-release of v1.6 has already caused panic among users. I hope things will be better soon.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Sep 9 '13
Panic?  Oh NO!  Like the dreaded kernel panic?  
The Forum post is edited by Steve Winter Sep 9 '13
Joseph
Joseph Sep 10 '13
ok so they remove the license the user still has the plugin they should have paid full price for so where is oxwall compensating these sellers?
Exaspian Studios
Exaspian Studios Sep 10 '13
I think we all need to keep in mind that Oxwall is an open source social network. One of the biggest to NOT charge for their code, in my opinion.

Being open source/free means that Oxwall does not generate revenue like other open source networking scripts do. 

Reimbursing you would only be taking money out of the pockets of the people who make this entire thing possible.

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Sep 10 '13
I vote two extra free copies of Oxwall to every developer that lost money with paypal!
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Sep 10 '13
Quote from Exaspian Studios I think we all need to keep in mind that Oxwall is an open source social network. One of the biggest to NOT charge for their code, in my opinion. Being open source/free means that Oxwall does not generate revenue like other open source networking scripts do.  Reimbursing you would only be taking money out of the pockets of the people who make this entire thing possible.
Maybe for you. I have spent a lot of money on oxwall. Removing my link was $50 alone. 

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Sep 11 '13
Well I do believe that along with fixing the issue the oxwall team should do right by the sellers and cover the damages. I am glad that they deleted the user and I am also glad they see there is in fact an issue. However it really makes me scratch my head that paul was able to recreate this issue a few days later. Do they not care? Someone stole our software and used your code to do it! Pay us and fix the breech in security!
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Sep 11 '13
No one lost a valid sale.
Oxwall Accessories
Are you serious? Steve you seem to be way out in left field on this one. I lost 2 sales when someone got my software for $0.02. After asking paypal to fix the situation they advised me that the problem occurred because of a breech in oxwalls script ( as Paul just proved)! They advised me that it is up to oxwall to cover the damages and if they don't cover the losses and or fix the bug with the script that they will be disallowed from using paypal. I came to bring this to the attention of the mods here and I am waiting to hear from them with what they plan to do about the loss. The buyer has my software. I have not been paid. Its that simple!
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Sep 11 '13
You think those scum were valid customers??  How much commission is Oxwall charging you to sell your software for you?

The field is yours I am afraid.

Oxwall Accessories
I don't think your points serve any validity. Valid customers or not someone used oxwall to steal the developers work. Now oxwall needs to cover the damages like any other respectable business! Steve I am getting a bit upset with you bashing every post I make on oxwall. Why would I waste my time and money having useful pugins made for oxwall to then just have people steal them? Without the plugin developers this script would be utterly useless for 90% of us!