We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

.htaccess and subfolders - 500 error | Forum

Briton
Briton Sep 7 '13
Hi,

I noticed after Oxwall was installed all sub folders and directories display a 500 error. 

Is it something to do with the .htaccess file? 

I haven't made any changes to it and was curious on how I could still allow the access to those folders and any new ones I make.

My .htaccess reads:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php52 .php .php5 .php4 .php3Options +FollowSymLinksRewriteEngine On
AddEncoding gzip .gzAddEncoding gzip .gzip<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">  ForceType text/javascript</FilesMatch><FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">  ForceType text/css</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Thank you.

Briton
Briton Sep 7 '13
here is the .htaccess file direct from my server.
Attachments:
  htaccess.txt (0.58Kb)
ross Team
ross Sep 12 '13
Sometimes our .htaccess file conflicts with the the subfolder websites. Is mode_rewrite enabled on your server?
Briton
Briton Sep 15 '13
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure...
Alia Team
Alia Sep 16 '13
Briton try editing your Oxwall's .htaccess in following way.

For example subfolder with 500 error is called /forum.
So the line to add into .htaccess is:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/forum/

Let me know if this won't work for you.