We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Blogs Auto Purge, if so where? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
dave Leader
dave Sep 9 '13

I have been told that the blogs auto purge after so long.  I assume it is something like 90 days without any activity.

However, i can find no reference to that at all anywhere in the script.  I have checked cron both in the plugin and the ow_cron, as well as the plugin itself.

The closest reference to updating the tables as such is in blogs post_dao but there is no reference to auto purging or any reference to a expire date for them.

I need to know because several of my blogs are comming up on 90 days and its hard enough to get people to write blogs in the first place, i dont want them purged. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks.

Abbey
Abbey Sep 9 '13
I didnt even know about this.... *watches thread*
dave Leader
dave Sep 9 '13

Yeah Ross told me that he thought they were, but did not elaborate and i was not able to get anymore info than that. So im hoping i can get some clarity.  If i had to take a stab in the dark i would say no they are not, as i could not find anything but again that is a educated guess at best.  We will see what the team says.

Stas
Stas Sep 9 '13
Dave, as far as I know, it is not blogs, it is newsfeed items that are deleted after 3 month of inactivity. Blogs don't get deleted. 
ross Team
ross Sep 12 '13
Dave I'm sorry, probably I didn't quite right understood your question in the PM,  which blog posts you were referring to?
The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 12 '13
dave Leader
dave Sep 12 '13

i am referring to the user blogs, im not concerned about the newsfeed side of the blog where it announces the blog, thats not biggy if that gets old then zap it.. Im concerned about the actual user blog when a user clicks on blog in the menu and posts a blog.  Are those ever auto purged from the blog table, i really hope not.

Thanks.

ross Team
ross Sep 12 '13
Ok, no worries, they don't, at least auto purged
dave Leader
dave Sep 12 '13
awesome thanks sooooooo much  grooovy mannn... ;)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Sorry Dave,

I feel myself dump.. I can not understand your question..