We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Admin edit profile incomplete | Forum

fbkca
fbkca Sep 9 '13
Hi, 

I see that you are now able to edit user profiles if you are an admin, however the problem is that the Admin can only edit the fields that are set as allowed to edit in the profile questions config.

The problem is, there can be some questions that are only available on join time. Such as in my case and probably a lot of cases, a member can not edit their Date of Birth or their Sex after they join. If it is reported that someone is not the proper sex there is no way for the admin to change it.

The admin should have complete access to ALL profile fields that are available in the columns: Sign up, Edit & View.

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by fbkca Sep 9 '13
Alia Team
Alia Sep 9 '13
fbkca, thanks for bringing this up. I will check with development team.
For now, the only way is making needed field visible under "edit profile" in admin panel>>profile questions, and then going to user's profile and editing needed data.
fbkca
fbkca Sep 9 '13
Thanks, it'd be really useful :)
Alia Team
Alia Sep 12 '13
fbkca, I have checked.
Oxwall surprises even me sometimes =)

Turned out that admin can edit any field even if it is set to be visible only on  join formIF user has field in this field.

For example, "Sex" is set to be visible only on join page.
If  user has selected his "sex", admin will be able to edit it.
If user didn't specify, then admin won't be able to edit, since there is nothing to edit.
So you just need to make this kind of fields "Required" on signed up.
fbkca
fbkca Sep 12 '13
This is not what I am seeing.  I have a user that has their date of birth completed, it has always been a required field so everyone actually has it... I have it set to display as age, but when admin "edits" their profile, that field is not visible, it is the same as gender.

See attached

Attachments:
  edit_view.jpg (45.91Kb)
  profile_view.jpg (31.58Kb)
fbkca
fbkca Sep 13 '13
What are you thoughts about this?
fbkca
fbkca Sep 16 '13
Do you have a response from development about this?
fbkca
fbkca Sep 18 '13
Hi Alila, 

Can you please check on this. The admin needs edit access to ALL fields in edit/signup & view pages.

Thanks